Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
84f2eab9-ad82-4be0-b348-450e1997460d_650x366.jpg

This Boy Is a Better Human Being Than Most of Us | Weather Underground

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Meanwhile another forum where I go at times was talking about a surplus Giraffe at some USA zoo that was killed and fed to the carnivores instead of looking for a new home for it.

They gotta eat too. In the wild they would have been eating it while it was still half alive.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Danish zoo kills giraffe to prevent inbreeding | Mail Online

EAZA said it supported the zoo's decision to "humanely put the animal down and believes strongly in the need for genetic and demographic management within animals in human care."

However, the organization Animal Rights Sweden said the case highlights what it believes zoos do to animals regularly.

"It is no secret that animals are killed when there is no longer space, or if the animals don't have genes that are interesting enough," it said in a statement. "The only way to stop this is to not visit zoos."

"When the cute animal babies that attract visitors grow up, they are not as interesting anymore," said the organization.

Elisa Allen, spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals in the U.K., said Marius' case should serve as a wake-up call for anyone who "still harbors the illusion that zoos serve any purpose beyond incarcerating intelligent animals for profit."

She said in a statement, "Giraffes rarely die of old age in captivity, and had Marius not been euthanized today, he would have lived out his short life as a living exhibit, stranded in a cold climate, thousands of miles away from his true home."

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am not a fan of ZOO's in the first place.
Leave the animals in their native lands.
Please save me the,"They will become extinct if left in their native lands"!
Take all the, "Zoo Money" and finance protected reserves for them at, "HOME"!
Come visit the ZOO DOMINICANO next to my house, then see what you think about "Zoo's"!
If you think most of the zoo's in the world are like Bush Garden..they AIN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!
The animals in most of the world
s zoo's would be better off EXTINCT!!!
At least they wouldn't be suffering then!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC