Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default US Consulate Warning: Sinutab/Sinutab Plus

"Due to safety concerns about locally purchased Sinutab and Sinutab Plus manufactured by Johnson & Johnson, U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo strongly recommends that U.S. citizens not use or purchase these products locally until further notice. If you have made local purchases of these drugs, we ask that you destroy it or refrain from taking it until we can confirm lot number safety.

"We will put out further information as it becomes available. "

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Waoo. I figured that was the only one I could trust down here. Thanks for the info.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought some last week for my cold and I'm still alive... Maybe it's because I'm not a US citizen?

4. Likes drstock, Criss Colon, NV_ liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Its sad that you cant trust something so simple.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they saw that it's counterfeit from China, the Chinese seem to counterfeit everything these days even Colgate toothpaste.

7. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateP View Post
    Bought some last week for my cold and I'm still alive... Maybe it's because I'm not a US citizen?
    you gave me a good laugh there. soon american embassy will issue a warning that living is dangerous as it results in death, and to avoid it as much as possible...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Frank's comment is probably closer to the truth than a safety notice. How does he know about safety when he still has to check the lot numbers. You would think he'd be given the bad lot numbers first.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Most thinking people will recognize that the American Embassy/Consulate are trying to provide a service when they send out information about possible problems with products sold in the DR, both imported and local. They have sources of information that few, if any, on DR1 have.

Since this is something they rarely do, at least to me, a notice like this merits attention.

In this case, they have not said destroy any Sinutab product you might have in your medicine cabinet, they have said it is recommended that you take no more until it can be determined the batch number shipped to the DR.

What you do with the information is up to each individual.

11. Likes mido, pelaut liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    Maybe they saw that it's counterfeit from China, the Chinese seem to counterfeit everything these days even Colgate toothpaste.
    That could be. And some of these products have ingredients that are dangerous. I remember a few years ago when a warning went out about a Chinese-made toothpaste being sold in colmados that contained carcinogens.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fake drugs at La Sirena

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    "Due to safety concerns about locally purchased Sinutab and Sinutab Plus manufactured by Johnson & Johnson, U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo strongly recommends that U.S. citizens not use or purchase these products locally until further notice. If you have made local purchases of these drugs, we ask that you destroy it or refrain from taking it until we can confirm lot number safety.

"We will put out further information as it becomes available. "
    That is interesting --- I had a massive cold a couple weeks back - bought some Sinutab at La Sirena on Churchill in Santo Domingo - it had no effect - I suspected that it was fake ... so I bought another brand Winasorb or something. The Winasorb worked fine.

14. Likes Ken liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast