Living in Puerto Plata

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
I've been living in Pop for a year now I and don't do much since retiring. But I could not help noticing this one guy walking everyday with a newspaper in his back pocket. When my lease expired on my apartment I began thinking,"what if I cant renew my lease every year". I would need to know where other apartments are and what they cost. So I made friends with this guy,who is German and has been living here for 20 yrs. From talking to him I learned that he walks 10 to 15km a day. He looks like a bum but is very nice and intelligent. I struck a deal with him to advise me on all apartments he sees during his walks but I am under no obligation to pay him anything...I give him 50 pesos once and a while....It's been two weeks and I know almost every apartment in Pop that's available for rent. Long term,Short term,furnished and not. This is not an ad. But only a retiries story for Dr1ners. Not looking for money.My pension is sufficient.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"My pension is sufficient".
We now all know that you have no "Dominicana" in your life!!!
Congratulations!!!
PS, I look like a "Bum" too!
Baggy black shorts, and a black T shirt with burn holes from my cigar ashes in it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NOT to US!
AND, we don't care about your time! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Read, THIS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 15, 2005
NOT to US!
AND, we don't care about your time! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Read, THIS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jajaja

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I thought The Exterminator's post was so rude and unnecessary that I logged on especially to give the OP a "like".

david_

Dec 8, 2012
what a time wasted reading this post....

T.E>

Not for me, I enjoyed it because it wasn't about some foreigner getting shot, stabbed, beaten, cheated, broke, busted, and disgusted. It was instead about a foreigner actually thinking ahead about his needs and making adjustments to reach his goal. Good job OP. I have a feeling you'll make it.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
My landlord and I struck a deal for a new one year lease,and since I pay on time monthly, no rent increase and she is painting my livingroom. The lease is being notorized by a lawyer. My German friend and I suspended the search until next year, but found great info. He speaks no English and I speak no German. We had to speak Spanish, and mine is not fluent. I wonder if I should bargain for a longer lease because I like where I live now. hmmmm.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Keep paying "On Time", as THAT is NOT common practice for Dominicans.
Your landlady will be just as happy to have you stay next year when you sign a new lease.
Besides, you don't "Trash" the place as is ALSO very common here!!!!!!
Enjoy your, "Good Life"!!!!!

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
I've been living in Pop for a year now I and don't do much since retiring. But I could not help noticing this one guy walking everyday with a newspaper in his back pocket. When my lease expired on my apartment I began thinking,"what if I cant renew my lease every year". I would need to know where other apartments are and what they cost. So I made friends with this guy,who is German and has been living here for 20 yrs. From talking to him I learned that he walks 10 to 15km a day. He looks like a bum but is very nice and intelligent. I struck a deal with him to advise me on all apartments he sees during his walks but I am under no obligation to pay him anything...I give him 50 pesos once and a while....It's been two weeks and I know almost every apartment in Pop that's available for rent. Long term,Short term,furnished and not. This is not an ad. But only a retiries story for Dr1ners. Not looking for money.My pension is sufficient.

So you basically googled apts for rent... Third world style.

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007

What did you find out is available? I assume most of these aren't listed online so this is valuable street level information.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
What did you find out is available? I assume most of these aren't listed online so this is valuable street level information.

About 2 1br 1bth furnished and unfurnished no ac w/fans near town center(good area) 5000-7000 pesos per month and 5 2br 1bth same area furnished and unfurnish/fans from 7000-12000 pesos a month. Apartments with central ac costs 14000-18000 per month. Most landlords will let you install ac as long as you remove and repair your installation when you go no extra cost.