Santiago (bypass) to Puerto Plata Highway

Jan 9, 2004
Any news on the highway? Last article I read was that it was to be inaugurated this month.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
Still under construction from what I can see near the Villa Gonzales overpass this past Saturday morning, but they seem to be working very quickly! It's supposed to be ready by Feb 22.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Yesterday they had a diversion on autopista duarte arriving into santiago from navarette ( in front of texaco ). Seems like they were joining slip roads to bypass over the bridge...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where are the two "ends" of the bypass and does the bypass go north or south of Santiago?

May 12, 2005
Where are the two "ends" of the bypass and does the bypass go north or south of Santiago?

If memory serves me correct you can get on the bypass somewhere near the area where Pasions is and it will put you out just past the circle at Feb 27 & Estrella Sadhala. I know there is a post somewhere the route of the bypass drawn in.

May 12, 2005

If memory serves me correct you can get on the bypass somewhere near the area where Pasions is and it will put you out just past the circle at Feb 27 & Estrella Sadhala. I know there is a post somewhere the route of the bypass drawn in.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

That is where the bypass enters yes, on the road to Navarette, with a big sign now when you come from Santiago showing you turn off right to Puerto Plata - so I am not sure where it goes from there as I would have thought for POP you would continue on to Navarette as you do now.

Matilda

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010

North of Santiago, it starts at the overpass above autopista duarte where it crosses avenida hispanoamericana.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
North of Santiago, it starts at the overpass above autopista duarte where it crosses avenida hispanoamericana.

I think thats the south side.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
Yesterday they had a diversion on autopista duarte arriving into santiago from navarette ( in front of texaco ). Seems like they were joining slip roads to bypass over the bridge...
i live pretty close to that texaco your talking about