best ferreteria in santiago?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Hola DR1ers....
I'm going to Santiago ma?ana (thurs) for dental work and would also like to get some pool chemicals, garden tools and ceramic tiles .... is there one great ferreteria for these items or can anyone also recommend a good tile store?
Gracias,
susan

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Or try the big Ochoa just down the road from bellon. ( make sure u go by the place across the road where u pick up ure tiles BEFORE u buy them in the store-----they always have quite a few on offer there...).

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Ave Duarte Bellon and Ochoa 1 mile apart. Oh and Passions is in between.

you mean Illusions? - Passions is off the highway.

The main Ochoa store (the biggest by far) is on calle Imbert, on the same street where you turn to get to arena Cibao but the opposite side of la 27 de febrero. Bellon is on esq Rafael Vidal and car. Duarte. Both great stores but you are likely to find better selection of pool chemicals in the main Ochoa store.

The best tiles store I've seen locally (and yes, I've only seen one store) is Mercaven on the autopista Duarte directly across from hotel Monumental, a half mile from La Sirena.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The finest ceramics in Santiago are to be found here at Menicucci on the autopista just before HOMS if you want quality:-

Menicucci

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Santiago

The finest ceramics in Santiago are to be found here at Menicucci on the autopista just before HOMS if you want quality:-

Menicucci

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks to everyone who provided advice! We found Ochoa and Bellon just as directed and decided to keep Menecucci and for next trip as we spent too much time in the big vivero on Duarte...;)

We also ate at the cowboy place next to the Monument that I remembered from my last visit...
I know it's totally touristy, but we had the best fajitas mista EVER!!!
:) susan

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks to everyone who provided advice! We found Ochoa and Bellon just as directed and decided to keep Menecucci and for next trip as we spent too much time in the big vivero on Duarte...;)

We also ate at the cowboy place next to the Monument that I remembered from my last visit...

Also heading down the street from Bellon on the way to Autopista Duarte there are about 5-6 tile stores (all on the right I believe) before you get close to Duarte.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008