Rest in Peace JOSE

Danceelite

Mar 22, 2007
Jose Guzman ran a cigar shop and car rental facility in Sosua. He has been a very good friend of mine for many years. What ever airport I happened to fly into be it Puerto Plata, Santiago or Santo Domingo Jose was there and always on time. I rented jeeps from Jose for at least the last five years, we hung out he lived in Cabarete has a beautiful wife and lovely kids. I am going to miss him immensely, sometime during the month of December He was involved in a motorcylce accident that took his life. Jose was in his mid thirties way too early to leave this world. I have visited the DR for the since 2004 usually every 2 or 3 months, and was just made aware on my last visit one week ago. It was a very sad time for me.

Ron

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I'm sorry to about your friend's passing. It's so difficult trying to cope with the death of loved ones and those we care about.

I extend my deepest condolences. May he RIP.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I have known Jose and his sister, Wendy, for over 9 years and he was a really nice, genuine, guy!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Danceelite,

If Jose is the gentleman who had a red Honda CBR1000RR, and lived very close to Janet's supermarket in Cabarete, and who's wife is, Bori, then, yes, i knew him. I rode with him a couple of times in a large group of motorcyclists who occasionally take trips to Samana and back on big bikes. He was soft spoken, polite, and always eager to help. He was a really good man who was well-liked by many, many people.

A very large group of motorcyclist drove up to Cabarete from all around the North Coast for his funeral.

Frank

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
Condolences- just last month I attended TWO funerals directly related to motorcycle accidents- both were hit and runs by automobiles that did not stop and see if they could provide immediate assistance after colliding with the motorcyclist.