Thief tried to steal my water pump with no tools!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
So this morning im in bed and I hear what sounds like someone hammering on some concrete. I dismiss it and fall back asleep.

A couple hours later I jump out of bed and go to get in the shower, no water. No problem I thought, the automatic switch on the pump must be actin up again so I go to give it a good DR smack when I realize the llaves de paso have been shut off. I walk back inside and ask my GF why she shut off the water... Looks at me like im crazy and says she hasnt.

Walk back outside and inspect pipes coming into the pump and out of the tank and realize that the pvc pipe was snapped in half like someone stepped on it and the metal pipes were all leaking like someone had tried to loosen them by hand.

At this point the neighbor comes out and tells me that shes been trying to get ahold of us cause she saw someone scale the 6' foot gate in front of the house and was beating on the pipes with a piece of cinder block. He had been in the yard for a good 20 minutes before he saw another neighbor come out of their house and he decided he had enough and split. Sans water pump. 500RD worth of damage and a very ticked off Cubano.

This idiot had no tools, was on foot, and wanted to steal a 60s-70s era water pump. Thats a good 50-70lb beast...

I only wish I wouldve caught him in the act. At this point, I dont even know who he is but I suspect hes one of the people who come around searchin through my garbage cans.

Point of this long a$$ post? Dont think for a second that little gate on your water pump doesnt need a lock. Or that a 6ft gate can stop a 50yr old man from trying to steal your stuff. No matter how unprepared he is for the job.... lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it was there, he wanted it, he took his chance :)
i wish to say that my water pump could only be taken out of the property with a small truck buy i know dominicans. they'd dismantle it and carry in their pockets ;)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Petty criminals the world over are not known for their planning or intelligence. It's the audacity of the criminals here that is remarkable. I suppose it comes from knowing that the police have totally given up trying to enforce the laws, since the judges are so corrupt.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i mentioned before how someone stole padlocks from our pharmacy within seconds that took me to open the door, get inside to switch off the alarm and turn on the lights and go back outside. i also had plastic (or is it metal?) logo saying CAPA peeled off my honda. obviously, someone needed that. maybe they had their own CAPA sign stolen. i just roll my eyes and move on.

They steal because they can, they steal because we (the evil ones) must be punished for being gringos. If they cant steal it- they destroy it. Everything is better than let someting the "evil-ones" own be left untouched and unharmed.

I am sorry if i offended some fragile minds this beautiful morning.

Yes i know- I know,- Not all are like this and blah-blah-blah.... + Leave if you dont like it here..... etc etc :lick:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Nothing is off limits and can grow legs at anytime. As I have said many times, when you got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.

LTSTeve

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The reason he didn't bring any tools is because he is a tool. Hahaha

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They don't look for "Gringos" to steal their water pump, they steal from everyone equally!
You need some BIG DOGS!!!!!!!
I have 8 puppies that fit that bill.
At least they will when they are full grown!
They will be ready for homes in about 6 weeks.
Garanteed to BARK!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Memphis, he HAS no tools, they were stolen from him!