Hotel close to STI airport

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Santiagueros, help! I am not a fan of driving at night. Arrive midnight so need an hotel close to the airport. Any affordable recommendations?

I saw Hotel Century Plaza and it looks close. Good idea? Other suggestions? Thanks.

May 12, 2005
Santiagueros, help! I am not a fan of driving at night. Arrive midnight so need an hotel close to the airport. Any affordable recommendations?

I saw Hotel Century Plaza and it looks close. Good idea? Other suggestions? Thanks.

Yes Hotel Century Plaza is a good choice.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Hodelpa. used to be a Mariott Courtyard. very close to airport and free breakfast in the am. Nice an new,,,,,

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The Hodelpa is a good choice, close to the airport. Also the Los Jardines Metropolitanos behind the Gran Almirante Hotel is a good budget hotel, it will be about half the price of any of the Hodelpa hotels

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I agree.

Hodelpa shouldn't take more then 10 minutes and Hotel Century shouldn't take more then 20 minutes from airport. It's depends on budget. Hodelpa has more feel of traditional hotels and priced like one and Hotel Century is cheaper and room is close in level of cleaner motel in State. On weekend nights Hotel Century restaurant becomes like small night club, blasting music until 2AM. So be aware of that.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with you about driving at night.

However, the city of Santiago is only about 15 minutes from the airport at that time of night.

Your best choice (price and service) might be the Hotel Jardines (809 276 8222), it is quiet, the least expensive and also comes with breakfast.

HB

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I agree with you about driving at night.

However, the city of Santiago is only about 15 minutes from the airport at that time of night.

Your best choice (price and service) might be the Hotel Jardines (809 276 8222), it is quiet, the least expensive and also comes with breakfast.

HB

Thank you all for information. I chose Hotel Century Plaza, because it is really close, and it looked nice with parking etc. It's a Tuesday so I assume it will be fairly quiet after midnight when we arrive. It was 2850 pesos, incl. breakfast for 2 persons, 2 beds, Reasonable I think, and I appreciate them giving the quote in pesos.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
It will never be completed. The owner of the company building it died years ago. The sons were and are probably still fighting over the money.
yea thats what i was hearing its a shame because that hotel is looking beautiful until mother nature starts taking over it