Govt distances itself from ambassador to Vatican

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The DR ambassador to the Vatican, instead of kicking up a stink about the likes of Weslowski, is whining about the gay US ambassador in Santo Domingo meeting with representatives of gay organisations in the DR. A reasonable reaction from the Dominican government, as reported in today's DR1 News:

Grimaldi speaks for himself, says Foreign Ministry
Controversial Dominican ambassador to the Vatican, former journalist Victor Grimaldi is again making headlines for his extreme positions.
The Dominican government has distanced itself from statements by the Dominican ambassador to the Holy See Victor Grimaldi regarding US ambassador James Bewster meeting with representatives of the DR gay community.
In a press release, the Ministry of Foreign Relations said that "the unfortunate statements by Ambassador Grimaldi were made on a personal level and do not reflect the Dominican government position."
The Ministry adds: "The Dominican government recognizes the work that ambassador James Brewster is carrying out on an wide range of topics on the bilateral agenda."
The note was made public hours after Grimaldi warned deputy minister of Foreign Relations Jose Manuel Trullols that he did not accept what he deemed as threats from the Ministry after the latter reportedly called him after he sent a letter to Pope Francis. In the letter to the Pope dated Thursday, 13 February, Grimaldi links Brewster and the gay community in the DR to a campaign to "dethrone" Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez. The Cardinal is due for retirement as he is over the retirement age of 75.
The cardinal has been critical of Brewster's appointment as US ambassador to the Dominican Republic, given the latter's high profile as a gay rights activist.
In the letter to Pope Francis, Grimaldi presented as "proof" a news story that appeared in El Nacional on the meeting between the ambassador and representatives of the gay community in the Dominican Republic.
In the letter, the Dominican ambassador goes on to recall that the Dominican Constitution in its Art. 55 establishes that marriage is between a man and a woman. Prior to traveling to the Dominican Republic to serve as US ambassador, Brewster married his long-time male partner.
The 13 February news story in El Nacional reported on a commission of 15 gay organizations that were received by the US ambassador for a review of their struggles for their rights in the Dominican Republic. As reported, the local activists discussed their achievements, current obstacles, lack of anti-discrimination laws, and the influence of the Catholic Church in decisions taken by legislators given the absence of a secular state in the country, and HIV/AIDS prevention initiatives.
Grimaldi denuncia ante el Papa que embajador EEUU y gays quieren "destronar" al Cardenal - Acento

Grimaldi is a quixotic character. He is popularly known as 'matapuercos' as his past exploits include shooting dead... a neighbour's pig.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If the US Ambassador is "Meeting with representatives of the DR's Gay Community" in the men's room of the Caribe Tours bus station in Santo Domingo, he may have a legitimate point!
If it's in a "PUBIC FORUM" he shouldn't mind!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The DR Ambassador needs to GET OVER IT! What did he think was going to happen when the US appointed Ambassador is openly gay ? There are gay people in Canada, the US and yes the DR and they are here to stay and some of them might just be priests and ministers.

LTSTeve

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If an ambassador does not represent the policies of those that appointed him, he should be recalled.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
If the US Ambassador is "Meeting with representatives of the DR's Gay Community" in the men's room of the Caribe Tours bus station in Santo Domingo, he may have a legitimate point!

No, the Ambassador married his long time partner before he came here.. So I guess that they may be serving here formally as husband and husband. Which is certainly a LOT for the DR!

Well , perhaps they don't dance together at offical functions.

(hey, I do not know if the husband .. is even here in the country.. just speculating.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Annie", what did the Ambassador say to his "partner"???
"Let me be Frank with YOU"!!!!!!!
And his partner replied,..."Hell NO"!
"You were FRANK with me last night, It's MY Turn to be "Frank""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I actually think the Ambassador is a fine man, a FINE "Top Man" that is!!!!!!!!!

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
No, the Ambassador married his long time partner before he came here.. So I guess that they may be serving here formally as husband and husband. Which is certainly a LOT for the DR!

Well , perhaps they don't dance together at offical functions.

(hey, I do not know if the husband .. is even here in the country.. just speculating.

"Gay marriage" is a sin and is not a real marriage.something like 30 states in the US ban it. Also look at most countries in the world are going in the opposite direction in terms of the homosexual lifestyle.

Fringe theory at best to make gays feel accepted since their families and society have shunned them.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
"Gay marriage" is a sin and is not a real marriage.something like 30 states in the US ban it. Also look at most countries in the world are going in the opposite direction in terms of the homosexual lifestyle.

Fringe theory at best to make gays feel accepted since their families and society have shunned them.

Most Countries? Afraid not....

LGBT rights by country or territory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only in the less developed parts of the world do People feel this is even an issue, anymore. You know...the places where a decent education is difficult to come by where a civil war might break out at any moment.

Aug 21, 2007
One in 10 individuals are said to be gay. If you have more than 10 friends, perhaps you know one or have a family member who is gay. To me, what others chose to do is their own business, just as men who chose to engage with prostitutes or priests who are celebate. It is far easier to get along in the world if we simply accept each other for what we are and move on.

At times, I believe homophobia speaks more about the person holding the feelings than the gay individual.

Such value judgements are sad, indeed.

Lindsey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The DR ambassador to the Vatican, instead of kicking up a stink about the likes of Weslowski, is whining about the gay US ambassador in Santo Domingo meeting with representatives of gay organisations in the DR. A reasonable reaction from the Dominican government, as reported in today's DR1 News:

Grimaldi is a quixotic character. He is popularly known as 'matapuercos' as his past exploits include shooting dead... a neighbour's pig.

It appears he shot an animal that is more intelligent than he is.

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
One in 10 individuals are said to be gay. If you have more than 10 friends, perhaps you know one or have a family member who is gay. To me, what others chose to do is their own business, just as men who chose to engage with prostitutes or priests who are celebate. It is far easier to get along in the world if we simply accept each other for what we are and move on.

At times, I believe homophobia speaks more about the person holding the feelings than the gay individual.

Such value judgements are sad, indeed.

Lindsey

So after all these centuries, and including every culture and religion, with a few exceptions, the definition of marriage is no longer a man and woman, just so a small group of people can feel included? Marriage is a sacred institution and sacrament. Call them domestic partners, civil unions, what have you, but gay marriage is blasphemy.

So after all these centuries, and including every culture and religion, with a few exceptions, the definition of marriage is no longer a man and woman, just so a small group of people can feel included? Marriage is a sacred institution and sacrament. Call them domestic partners, civil unions, what have you, but gay marriage is blasphemy.

I'm looking at my blasphemous wedding certificate right now. You should see our wedding video, many people said it was the best WEDDING they ever went to.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Is it blasphemy if I don't believe what you believe? ( I clearly do not).
Is the potential for about 10% of the worlds population to now be married in homosexual marriages a "small" number?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I once went to a Nudist wedding of two "Gay" men!!!!!
I could tell who was the "BEST MAN" the moment I walked in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"BaaDaaBING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Why do we find it necessary to need to know just how people express/enjoy their sexuality anyway?????
I have done some REALLY WEIRD $HIT in my sex life.
I like to talk about it, some don't.
AND, I choose NOT to talk about Everything!
"I say, ...."Live & Let Live"!
But much more important,..."F*#K & Let F*#K"!!!!!!!!!!
"To Each, "His,Her's, Their's,Mine's, Your's,"We's",Our's,Comunals',Group's,Team's,....OWN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Animals included at your own risk!

Last edited:

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013

My opinion is the exact opposite of the one you just made. ;););)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

From the wonderful folks who brought us the Inquisition...

Native Americans accepted Two Spirited Persons and recognized marriages between them.

Hindu views of homosexuality and, in general, LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender) issues, are diverse and different Hindu groups have distinct views. Homosexuality is regarded as one of the possible expressions of human desire. Although some Hindu dharmic texts contain injunctions against homosexuality, a number of Hindu mythic stories have portrayed homosexual experience as natural and joyful.[1] There are several Hindu temples which have carvings that depict both men and women engaging in homosexual sex.[2] Same-sex relations and gender variance have been represented within Hinduism from Vedic times through to the present day, in rituals, law books, religious or so-called mythical narratives, commentaries, paintings, and sculpture. The extent to which these representations embrace or reject homosexuality has been disputed within the religion as well as outside of it. In 2009, The United Kingdom Hindu Council issued a statement that 'Hinduism does not condemn homosexuality', subsequent to the decision of the Delhi High Court to legalise homosexuality in India.[3] wiki