Carnival la Vega

Went on a little trip with my Dominican friend and wife to Carnival on a party bus type of thing. LAST TIME we
will do that. 9am till 2 am of partying, omg we are not 20 anymore. I was done by 6pm and ready to go to bed!
WHY WHY WHY must they play the music so loud on the bus at 1 am when (most) people are sleeping. It was
the worst 2 hours of my life coming back from La Vega! I was actually hoping the bus would fly off the Moca!!!! Of course there were 2 dudes who puked in the bus and no one would open windows bc it was frio!! I opened
mine 3 times and drunk dude in front of me closed it every time.

Ok but the part I wanted to mention really was the diablo something or others who go around hitting people on
the ass. They flocked to my wife and hit her so hard 20 times. She tried to hide and they actually followed her around.
You have to see the pics to believe how hard they hit her. Has anyone else found that they are this brutal?
They hit me a few times and it did hurt, we are both used to whippings so it's not as she is a fragile lil thing but
they went way too far.

I am going to email someone to upload a pic of her ass since I am still not allowed to upload pics for some
reason

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have the picture and i made it somewhat decent in paint :) , am i allowed to post it?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
before mods ok the photo: i went to the carnival in la vega and never again. the whole thing was very interesting indeed to look at. but the noise was deafening and i got hellish migraine. i was smacked in the ass few times, painful but bearable. i was alert afterwards so no significant damage.

i am sorry that your wife was hit so badly. she looks like an accident victim! this borders on abuse. bloody bastards.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I confirm iffy tradition. Went to lavega carnival a few years ago (supposed to be one of the best), even though I was prepared (had some xtra paddind since I had been warned....), it still kind of hurts......
I am not to sure the wacker things are supposex to be filled with sand!!! At least the ones u can buy in lasirena are not......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, i edited the picture somewhat:

16gbhoz.jpg

it looks really bad. :( hope your wife is feels better soon.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Its worth to pay some extra money so you can sit in cordoned-off areas: restaurants etc on the carnaval route, and watch without the risk of the idiots hitting you as well as pick-pocketers in that crowd (which are plenty!).

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
OMG !!!
That s a place I would never go, that's for sure! That's a stupid ass tradition sorry.
Hope ur wife feels better soon Harley.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
I went once a few years ago. I'm glad I experienced it and I will never go again. The a**holes were clubbing me while I was trying to carry my two year old daughter. I managed to grab one by the teather and rip it out of the guys hand and whip it into the crowd and the guy was insulted. Anyway... very colorful and very loud and as I said, never again. Everyone else in the household went this year in a "party guagua" and I spent a very relaxing annd quiet Sunday at home. Thats my plan for next year too!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
First Sunday in March is Carnaval in Santo Domingo on the malecon. This is probably the better of all Carnavals to attend, plenty of security, fantastic crowd control, and a nice family event to attend.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I swear that looks like the picture I saw from NASA of Uranus taken from Jupiter. Sorry couldn't resist. Put ice on that puppy.

LTSTeve

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
buy chamomile tea. make a brew with 3 or 4 bags. put in a bowl big enough to sit in. fill with some more water. sit and relax. it will help a little bit.

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
OMG that looks so awful...what an experience...I think i would have smacked them back..lol

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Wow!!!! Now that looks real sore!!!! Wish her a fast recovery......

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
First Sunday in March is Carnaval in Santo Domingo on the malecon. This is probably the better of all Carnavals to attend, plenty of security, fantastic crowd control, and a nice family event to attend.

So we are talking March 1st this year as thats the first sunday? Or will they go for March 8th the following sunday