Question about Netflix in DR

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I know there was a thread but I can't find it. I canceled netflix before I left home because I didn't think Netflix.ca would work here. Tonight I tried to sign up again and the page is in Spanish. My question is will I still get the movies in English like before?

Thanks

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
The DR version is highly limited.

In order to get a similar experience, I'd use a proxy server (like hidemyass.com, or something similar) and set it for an IP address in either the states or canada. Then, you can re-start your service with the offerings available in that respective country.

Most proxy servers have a monthly fee for the class of service necessary for streaming, but it's not bad. The programs themselves are designed to be user-friendly.

Good luck!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have VPN and netflix. used it maybe twice. boring like hell. it is all in english and with subtitles in english.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I watch Netflix here in the DR. I am here in Sosua and my internet provider is Atlantico Cable. Atlantico has a US IP address, so my Netflix is American. I found there were things I would like to watch on the Canadian and British one, so with a bit of research I came up with this.
How To Watch Netflix In Other Countries Using Hola - Business Insider

I installed Hola on Google Chrome and with a bit of fiddling around (sometimes the hosts they provide don't work and you have to try others. They provide multiple hosts for each country) I am now watching so much more content than I ever had before in Canada. There is a disclaimer included saying Netflix may not like it and do ?. I have been doing this for over a year, here in the DR and in Canada. Worth a try IMO as the content is fantastic.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I was able to sign in with my old info but now there's Spanish subtitles. The one show I wanted to watch isn't there SOA.

I'm able to get that on other websites which I won't mention but they don't come through very well

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I was able to sign in with my old info but now there's Spanish subtitles. The one show I wanted to watch isn't there SOA.

I'm able to get that on other websites which I won't mention but they don't come through very well

I think netflix only has up to season 4 of SOA and the spanish netflix doesn't have it at all, if you are on a PC you can just use the mediahint extension on any browser and netflix recognizes your computer as being in the US, completely free. https://mediahint.com/

After season 4 I had to use some of the sites you mentioned to finish the viewing pleasure which is SOA :) Good luck and if you need any individual help feel free to PM me.

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Easiest way I have found was through a suggestion here on DR1 and it is free - you just install this and then using the google chrome web browser, you can watch/listen to Netflix, Pandora, etc....it was super easy! The website for the download is: www.mediahint.com

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I use netflix, Hulu Plus, USATVNOW, AMAZON and VUUDU. I prefer VUUDU over Amazon. Going to start watching Game of Thrones Season 3 tonight. Oh ya!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Edit: I use unblock-us.com which is faster than vpn and only works for the big streamers like above. 100% reliable service with faster speeds. Very pleased.