dominican leaving the DR.

C

Cesar

I don't know why is it that we dominican have pay us cash when we are getting out of our own country at airports in the DR? Every country I have visited either in Europ or in latin America they always charge (if they charge anything) in whatever their currency is. I'm not complaining about the $10.00 us the dominican charge us. I'm however complainning about having to pay in us money when I'm dominican not American. Idon't care if they charge me the same amount in dominican pesos which I would gladly pay, but when dominican or we start to treat our own that way with disrespect I wonder what Duarte, Sanchez y Mellas would think of this money treatsome. I'll tell you what they would think, they would probably be ashame to have their faces on our money. I know Iwould. what do you think?

M

MarySue

Oh spare me..they want to get rid of that dirty money probably from some dominican drug dealer or dominican killer..they want to get rid of their own dominican dirty cash..so stop complaining at least your not on the boat like the first time you arrived to this great cleanland...

R

Rick(Ohio)

When I last left the DR in May 2001, you could pay in US dollars or pesos.
MarySue- ?Qu? es su problema?

E

Ed and Mame

Yeah, Mary Sue, you having a bad day?!?! Come down a notch!
Now to the question: Last time, when we arrived in DR, we were heartily warned to keep $10 @ US dollars to pay that charge - we were told pesos would not be accepted!! However, it's quite understandable that they would charge in the currency of the citizenship of the traveler - that's the only thing that makes sense. So, what's the real story? -Ed and Mame-

L

LarryB

Somewhere along the line I was told that it was the government's way of getting more hard currency (something that can be used anywhere in the world). Once the plane takes off, the peso magically turns into colorful toilet paper.

B

B

Believe me...
You pay or shall I say... we all pay a lot more to the us gov.... we pay to go thru the harrassment of customs... a 10 % excise tax on the whole price of all air tickets.... and each airport a Passenger "facility" tax.... Fuel surcharge... etc etc and now a security tax......

I would gladly give the us 10 bucks instead
b

PS... every country I have visited charges a departure tax (incl us) and in the Caribbean it is usually a lot more than 10 us

L

Lyse

I think the D.R. should charge the 10$ in dominican pesos the currency of the country.

M

mike

MarySue =Arrogant Bitch..

They ask for $US but will accept $RD

MarySue -that's why Americans are hated so much across the World because of yours and similar arrogant attitudes.

G

GringoCarlos

Re:dominican leaving the DR/MarySue

American Airlines always accepts pesos from me for the exit tax, BUT the guy at the Visa booth refuses to accept anything except US for the tourist visas coming IN.

RE: MarySue- Idiot stupid gringas like you are the reason I left the USA, and why I DAILY thank the good Lord that most of you tontas are there, and not here in DR, to spread your evil lies.

M

MarySue

To GringoCarlos

Please take the dress and heels off and relax ....

H

hillbilly

Come on people!! This has been raked over the coal

For years the Dominican Government has known that it is un constitutional to charge the US$10 fee. But, they also feel that they need to get the US$ more than they need to obey the law.
Years ago you could pay in pesos. I think that the inflation of the past decade has something to do with this.
It is just an exit tax, no big deal.
heck, if you don't want to pay it, then stayhere!! Simple eh?

And I don't think MarySue is a female...nor do I think he/she is correct in her use of language., Could be a bad experience with a lover???

HB

A

azb

Re: right on carlos!

DR needs US dollars to buy gas and petroleum products from other countries. Almost all countries would accept US currency than dominican pesos. That is the reason the gov't want US dollars beacuse peso has little value outside this island.
As for marysue: give her a break. She maybe sitting somewhere in a cold place alone and probably woke up angry and horrified as she might have seen herself in the mirror without her cake makeup on.

J

Jerry

Re: Come on people!! This has been raked over the

Hillbilly

Wasn't it about a year or so ago that the DR Government was questioned about only accepting US$ and shortly after they changed it to US$ or RD pesos? Memory is fading but seems like someone in the DR questioned it and the govetnment held firm and then the US said somehting about it and it was changed. But like I said, the memory fades.

Jerry

M

massei

I think that the departure taxes should be accomodized for both, in pesos and US$. I am Canadian so to me either way i would have to exchange my money but for the dominicans it isn't fair. They should be able to pay in pesos as long as it is equivellent to the US$, I honestly find it a hastle to have to exchange the money.

MarySue no offence, I don't wanna be too rude but you suck!

C

Cesar

dear MarySue or whoever the heck your.
It is clearly to me that eather you misunderstood my message or you are stupid. In the message I posted my point was that we as dominican should have some previlage for being dominican or for carring our dominican passport, but it seems to me that you are too stupid to even understand that. oh by the way not all dominican have to risk their life on a boad to reach a better life some of us actually go through immigration and naturalization if you even know what that is. as I said before I don't care if they charge the same amount of money in dominican pesos as long as it is my choise to pay in whatever money I choose to pay in not the choise of some corructed politian who will probably just take the money for him/herself. look I don't give a sh. about your arrogance, but is because of people like you that our country gets itself corructed because you are too afraid to speak out loud.

Cesar

C

Cesar

It is clearly to me that eather you misunderstood my message or you are stupid. In the message I posted my point was that we as dominican should have some previlage for being dominican or for carring our dominican passport, but it seems to me that you are too stupid to even understand that. oh by the way not all dominican have to risk their life on a boad to reach a better life, some of us actually go through immigration and naturalization if you even know what that is. as I said before I don't care if they charge the same amount of money in dominican pesos as long as it is my choise to pay in whatever money I choose to pay in not the choise of some corructed politian who will probably just take the money for him/herself. look I don't give a sh. about your arrogance, but is because of people like you that our country gets itself corructed because you are too afraid to speak out loud.

Cesar

P

Pasola Joe!

No AZB...

That isn't cake make-up the kind of make MarySue would wear would need to be fired from a sling shot with at least 200lbs test,old chicas such as her always complain about the DR but would never even consider it when they are there lying on a beach trying to get a tan on their blubbery fat ass's even though there isn't even enough sun to tan that much carne jajaja.She sounds like a relative of Granny golda....another ol'chica mala.

PJ

C

Cesar

It is clearly to me that eather you misunderstood my message or you are stupid. In the message I posted my point was that we as dominican should have some previlage for being dominican or for carring our dominican passport, but it seems to me that you are too stupid to even understand that. oh by the way not all dominican have to risk their life on a boad to reach a better life, some of us actually go through immigration and naturalization if you even know what that is. as I said before I don't care if they charge the same amount of money in dominican pesos as long as it is my choise to pay in whatever money I choose to pay in, not the choise of some corructed politian who will probably just take the money for him/herself. look I don't give a sh. about your arrogance, but it is because of people like you that our country gets itself corructed 'cause you are too afraid to speak out loud.

Cesar