Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default deportation, how does it work?

so i read this news in the morning:
    Llegarán desde Estados Unidos otros 80 dominicanos deportados

how does this process work exactly? those people travel on a separate plane filled only with deportees and police? how about if there is smaller number of people, say one or two? would they travel on a normal flight, in handcuffs, accompanied by the police?

who pays for this? USA or DR? it's not cheap to fly 80 people over and i know sometimes the groups are even bigger.

what will happen to them once they arrived? do they do more time or they are released at the airport and left to their own devices?

note that this is not a rant about a new set of criminals arriving to DR, i have genuine questions here.

2. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they fly on a plane either owned or chartered by the US Marshalls Service or Homeland Security. I believe that they come once a month.

4. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

im not sure for this exact situation, but im from canada and i have a mexican friend who was deported from here, his refugee status we denied, went to court and all, and if he paid his own flight back, showed them his ticket and handed them his passport. show up the day of his flight like everyone else. execpt he had to meet 1 hour before they handed him his passport, was accompanied to the check in(no hand cufs). him paying his own flight was letting him stay an extra 60 days in canada and a note in the file that he can re apply in 3 years. if he would of let the canadian gouverment pay for it, he would of had to leave same day or next flight and then the possibilty to come back was very tight.(since you like owe moneyetc..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans deported from abroad to get job opportunities

Back home...now what?

Santo Domingo.- The Justice Ministry received 110 more Dominicans deported from the United States after serving sentences for various felonies, for which the authorities will help them reintegrate into society and provide job opportunities.

Justice minister Francisco Domínguez urged them to seek work and pledged the official support needed for reintegration into society.

The official spoke individually for more than one hour with most of the group about the various problems they face upon returning to their country him.

The Justice Ministry’s Deportee Integration Unit, created by Dominguez, works with Dominicans repatriated from the United States, Puerto Rico, Spain, Nations of Central America and other countries.

Unit director Hector Baez announced a job fair for returnees this month, in coordination with Dominican Republic’s Export and Investment Center (CEI-RD). He said local businesses, especially call centers requiring English-speaking staff will hire them for that service.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/eco...-opportunities

7. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Some are released upon arrival because they have done their time in US prisons while others are detained by police and prosecuted.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Why they don't give these "job opportunities" to people what were here all the time and committed no crimes here or in the US?

Oh right, for call center work you need fluent English...

10. Likes KateP, sosuamatt liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Because they either find them jobs(legit) keep them occupied or they will become idle and might resort to doing what got them deported in the first place. Others who are here have the opportunity to find employment at will.

12. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

"reintegrate into society and provide job opportunities", my aching arse. The vast majority of these deported served crime for drug sales. They do not need job training as there are good opportunities in the narcotics businesses in the DR. Plus they have the added education gotten from their fellow criminals. These felons are let loose ,without supervision ,to prey on the population of the DR. Get a gun, get some training, practice and have a plan. Then you can relax.

14. Likes Criss Colon, sosuamatt, JohnnyBoy liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Yes, they fly on a plane either owned or chartered by the US Marshalls Service or Homeland Security. I believe that they come once a month.
    Isn't this what some refer to as the "wednesday-planes?"

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    "reintegrate into society and provide job opportunities", my aching arse. The vast majority of these deported served crime for drug sales. They do not need job training as there are good opportunities in the narcotics businesses in the DR. Plus they have the added education gotten from their fellow criminals. These felons are let loose ,without supervision ,to prey on the population of the DR. Get a gun, get some training, practice and have a plan. Then you can relax.
    What? No one has ever been shot in the back? You can never "relax".

17. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast