Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Dominican Republic - Hong Kong

    An American friend of mine wants to fly his girlfriend (Dominican) of 9yrs to Hong Kong. What would be his easiest way of getting there? I mean the least amount of paperwork. Anyone know.

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    does she have any visas? i mean foreign visas? USA, canada, schengen, UK?
    for example BA flies from PUJ to london and then she could get another BA flight from london to hong kong.

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    does she have any visas? i mean foreign visas? USA, canada, schengen, UK?
    for example BA flies from PUJ to london and then she could get another BA flight from london to hong kong.
    If im not wrong, you dont visa if you are in transit in Barajas airport in Madrid, and Canada give transit visa for free, not charges if you want to go there and take an international flight.

    About papers they must have authorization of her mother signed as legal paper from a lawer and also validated in the inmigration department in Santo Domingo. Before a lot people make fake authorizations that now is controled by a form with barcode validated by the inmigration system at the airport.

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva_31 View Post
    About papers they must have authorization of her mother signed as legal paper from a lawer and also validated in the inmigration department in Santo Domingo. Before a lot people make fake authorizations that now is controled by a form with barcode validated by the inmigration system at the airport.
    i believe it's a girlfriend of 9 years and not a 9 year old girl.

    in any case, canada requires visas for transit. some schengen countries as well, UK requires transit visa too. this is why i asked what visas she has. travel can be worked around it.

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have spent a lot of time in Hong Kong.
    If I remember correctly, they have women there already!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

  6. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
  7. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i believe it's a girlfriend of 9 years and not a 9 year old girl.

    in any case, canada requires visas for transit. some schengen countries as well, UK requires transit visa too. this is why i asked what visas she has. travel can be worked around it.
    She doesn't have any valid visas, but had one to Germany. He was hoping that she wouldn't have to go through the US.
    I will look into the Canada and Madrid routes. And yes its a girlfriend OF 9 yrs, not a 9yr old girl.

    Thanks and if anyone has anymore info please share.

    Oh CCCCCCCCCCC yes he knows there are a lot of girls in Hong Kong, but he's pretty much stuck on this particular psycho ...... I guess each to his own

  8. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
  9. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    I have spent a lot of time in Hong Kong.
    If I remember correctly, they have women there already!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Agree, i think it is called: "Dont bring a fish on a fishingtrip".. Hrm hrm hrm...

  10. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
    She doesn't have any valid visas, but had one to Germany.
    germany is a part of schengen. but if german embassy issued her a visa once she may have a better chance of getting another visa with them as well. lufthansa flies directly to hong kong from frankfurt and munich.
    air canada flies from toronto to hong kong.
    cathay and airfrance fly from paris.

    all those cities are also connected to DR although by different airlines. the connection via london i mentioned before is probably the easiest as it is with BA all the way.

  11. Likes hammerdown liked this post
  12. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    germany is a part of schengen. but if german embassy issued her a visa once she may have a better chance of getting another visa with them as well. lufthansa flies directly to hong kong from frankfurt and munich.
    air canada flies from toronto to hong kong.
    cathay and airfrance fly from paris.

    all those cities are also connected to DR although by different airlines. the connection via london i mentioned before is probably the easiest as it is with BA all the way.
    Thanks for the info.....

  13. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    zurich and amsterdam also offer direct flights to hong kong. it's important to pick up a flight with as little stops as possible between DR and HK so that she does not run into more visa issues. i understand dominicans do not need a visa for HK for up to 30 days stay but it's up to the guy to have it confirmed...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •