Dominican Republic - Hong Kong

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
An American friend of mine wants to fly his girlfriend (Dominican) of 9yrs to Hong Kong. What would be his easiest way of getting there? I mean the least amount of paperwork. Anyone know.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
does she have any visas? i mean foreign visas? USA, canada, schengen, UK?
for example BA flies from PUJ to london and then she could get another BA flight from london to hong kong.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
does she have any visas? i mean foreign visas? USA, canada, schengen, UK?
for example BA flies from PUJ to london and then she could get another BA flight from london to hong kong.

If im not wrong, you dont visa if you are in transit in Barajas airport in Madrid, and Canada give transit visa for free, not charges if you want to go there and take an international flight.

About papers they must have authorization of her mother signed as legal paper from a lawer and also validated in the inmigration department in Santo Domingo. Before a lot people make fake authorizations that now is controled by a form with barcode validated by the inmigration system at the airport.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
About papers they must have authorization of her mother signed as legal paper from a lawer and also validated in the inmigration department in Santo Domingo. Before a lot people make fake authorizations that now is controled by a form with barcode validated by the inmigration system at the airport.

i believe it's a girlfriend of 9 years and not a 9 year old girl.

in any case, canada requires visas for transit. some schengen countries as well, UK requires transit visa too. this is why i asked what visas she has. travel can be worked around it.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
i believe it's a girlfriend of 9 years and not a 9 year old girl.

in any case, canada requires visas for transit. some schengen countries as well, UK requires transit visa too. this is why i asked what visas she has. travel can be worked around it.

She doesn't have any valid visas, but had one to Germany. He was hoping that she wouldn't have to go through the US.
I will look into the Canada and Madrid routes. And yes its a girlfriend OF 9 yrs, not a 9yr old girl.

Thanks and if anyone has anymore info please share.

Oh CCCCCCCCCCC yes he knows there are a lot of girls in Hong Kong, but he's pretty much stuck on this particular psycho ...... I guess each to his own

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
She doesn't have any valid visas, but had one to Germany.

germany is a part of schengen. but if german embassy issued her a visa once she may have a better chance of getting another visa with them as well. lufthansa flies directly to hong kong from frankfurt and munich.
air canada flies from toronto to hong kong.
cathay and airfrance fly from paris.

all those cities are also connected to DR although by different airlines. the connection via london i mentioned before is probably the easiest as it is with BA all the way.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
germany is a part of schengen. but if german embassy issued her a visa once she may have a better chance of getting another visa with them as well. lufthansa flies directly to hong kong from frankfurt and munich.
air canada flies from toronto to hong kong.
cathay and airfrance fly from paris.

all those cities are also connected to DR although by different airlines. the connection via london i mentioned before is probably the easiest as it is with BA all the way.

Thanks for the info.....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
zurich and amsterdam also offer direct flights to hong kong. it's important to pick up a flight with as little stops as possible between DR and HK so that she does not run into more visa issues. i understand dominicans do not need a visa for HK for up to 30 days stay but it's up to the guy to have it confirmed...