Like Neil Young says, " ... a man needs a maid ... "

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
I need a maid ? for the next 3 - 4 months. One morning a week, 4 hours cleaning
Location: Santo Domingo very near Blue Mall. Will pay RD500. #1 thing ? maid must be trustworthy ? will not steal ... a good, hard-working cleaner would be a bonus too!
Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I need a maid ? for the next 3 - 4 months. One morning a week, 4 hours cleaning
Location: Santo Domingo very near Blue Mall. Will pay RD500. #1 thing ? maid must be trustworthy ? will not steal ... a good, hard-working cleaner would be a bonus too!
Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks.

500RD is a bottom barrel rate and reserved for only cheap dominicans.. remember the maid has to get to you and that can cost them sometimes also. To get someone "good", "hard-working", and trustworthy, on a non full time basis, I would allot 700-800 pesos per 4 hour shift.

500RD is what we pay to people we have known for years because they would feel bad charging any higher, but to just expect to get those rates off a forum or a recommendation and the person to have all of the criteria you have asked for is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
I'm a man and don't need a maid. I clean my flat myself every two weeks for two hours.
And take after that some beer for 500RD :)

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I'm a man and don't need a maid. I clean my flat myself every two weeks for two hours.
And take after that some beer for 500RD :)

great advice.....only problem is a lot of guys keep putting it off until it reaches a critical mass and then you dont know where to even start lol.... if you do get a maid....hide all small valuables....

Apr 13, 2011
If you only need a maid one half day per week, then see if any of your neighbors has a full-time maid - and see if they, and the maid, will work out a deal with you to let her come over one four hour block of time each week. That way you will know the maid is trustworthy. The maid will earn extra money for a little extra work. And the maid does not have extra travel involved other than walking over to your apartment.