Visiting from New Zealand - Visa or Tourist card??

Alex Robinson

Feb 19, 2014
Hi everyone!

My wife and I are coming to Sosua in May for our Honeymoon (very exciting!) and i am wondering what, or if, Visa's will be required?

I seem to have found conflicting information.. One of the main questions on Tripadvisor advises I need a Visa as i hold a New Zealand passport, where others state i only need a Tourist card (and the info on this site advises countries under New Zelands domain (ie Cook Islands etc) do not, but does not list new Zealand itself)..

Unfortunatly there is no Dominican Republic embassy in New Zealand to ask.

My Wife will be travelling on a Malaysian passport so i believe she is fine with a Tourist Card.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

We are staying at Casa21 and visiting for 5 nights, the country looks gorgeous!

Also, i am a keen fisherman/hunter/outdoors type of guy and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for things i should be doing while in this part of the world.

Many thanks in advance!

Alex.

Alex Robinson

Feb 19, 2014
We are travelling to the States to visit friends in San Fran and New York, as part of the deal with my Wife to go see (mainly her) friends i stipulated a stop somewhere sunny along the way for just the two of us. We were going to go somewhere in the Pacific but as its virtually our backyard here in New Zealand we decided on the Carribean instead being as its so close to NYC and we have never been. Found Casa21 on Tripadvisor and loved what it had to offer (great hosts, privacy and amazing food) and the really excellent prices available. I also loved the pictures of the local beach and the fishing opportunities - so we settled on this as our sunny get-away. :)

Cheers
Alex

Alex Robinson

Feb 19, 2014
Haha, i actually only found out about the working girls after i booked everything and typed Sosua into Youtube (until then it was all beaches and good looking people!) Saying that we are fine with it however. Casa21 looks private enough to escape too in need and my Wife is from Malaysia and we have travelled extensivly throughout asia so this is nothing out of the ordinary for us (plus, prostitution is legal in New Zealand). The girls dont bother us, it would be the gringos mistaking my wife for a local girl, but im a bigish guy so.. good luck to them!

Thanks again everyone!
Alex

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Does your state department, (or equivalent) have a web page? I'd guess the info could be found there if they do.

Alex Robinson

Feb 19, 2014
They do but unfortunatly no information available on it with regards to the Dominican Republic.

Cheers
Alex.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Alex, looks like New Zealand (Nueva Zelanda) and Malaysia (Malasia) are both good to go. This info seems current from May 2012, nice link from mido. I would print out all of this just in case an Immigration guy is having a bad day. You'll find plenty to enjoy in Sosua Mate, the girls are mostly on a two block strip at night. No worries. Beautiful beach, Playa Sosua, you'll have a gas.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Haha, i actually only found out about the working girls after i booked everything and typed Sosua into Youtube (until then it was all beaches and good looking people!) Saying that we are fine with it however. Casa21 looks private enough to escape too in need and my Wife is from Malaysia and we have travelled extensivly throughout asia so this is nothing out of the ordinary for us (plus, prostitution is legal in New Zealand). The girls dont bother us, it would be the gringos mistaking my wife for a local girl, but im a bigish guy so.. good luck to them!

Thanks again everyone!
Alex

some of the prostitutes are good looking people. trust me.