British bacon & sausages

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
There used to be a place in Sosua that supplied these but they appeared to close down. Anybody know where I can buy them now?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Found some frozen "square slice" once in national santiago.... and there is always bacon......frozen. and of course Hp brown sauce.....

What I miss the most is Irn bru to wash it down!!!!

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Sorry,
EMC closed down and there are no more decent bangers and real bacon.
I tried to get them to do a small op from my garage but the top man is not in good health and the money man has gone away.
'Tis no more.......

Shame.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Unfortunately, I have never had a decent piece of back bacon here since the British guy closed down. It seems only possible to buy extremely fatty "streaky" bacon, as we Brits call it.

I never thought much of his sausages though. British supermarket "bangers" have improved enormously in the last few years (no sawdust!) and to me they are better than German. Those made here didn't keep up with the improvement back in Blighty.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Oh my kingdom (if I had one) for some REAL bangers and streaky bacon *sigh* ... mind you the sort we loved the most was bought at Sainburys and was Danish, lol!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Granca,
We buy streaky bacon from Janets in Cabarete - it is much better that that from Agofem. It is repacked Chef bacon in Janets packaging. Best to go when they have just done a "Box" at the last count it was RD$155 per lb. It is in the freezer cabinet next to the bread. if it hasn't frozen then thats the best time to get it.

Olly and the Team