Ted opens his own place

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
We were watching semi-hockey at the Britannia this afternoon (Yeah Canada!) when Ted (Amigoted) passed by. After many years of working for other people he's opening his own place. It'll be early March he thinks: Lucky's opposite Hotel Atlantico. I'm looking forward to the droll humour and comments.

Now that the thread's been started perhaps he can keep us updated on the opening day as it draws nigh.

wbr

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Good for him. Hope he can make a go of it. Where is Hotel Atlantico?

On Alejo Martinez, across from Hotel Coco...just before Mary Rose and Colmado Profeta.

I am really looking forward to Ted opening his new bar as he is a real hoot and it is right around the corner from me. Ted is a good host, has many stories and is full of info about Sosua. It will be fun!!

hughatthepub

Mar 13, 2007
Really, wonder if he'll load the bills like he used to in the other places he worked in........(maybe it was just me and my mates, we're not Canadian)

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
Hi All,
Hopefully I will open this Friday afternoon at around 3pm the Bar is called Lucky Bar for now.( untill I make enough Profit to change it!!LOL!!) It's a small place so no big parties lot's of small one though!! Thanks to all my friends who have helped me out financially! hope to see you for a cold one soon!!
Ted

PS
Robert I hope this isn.t considered advertising!
Ted

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Really, wonder if he'll load the bills like he used to in the other places he worked in........(maybe it was just me and my mates, we're not Canadian)

Drunk Brits...eh, Can't remember how much you drank. My Gran told me all her cousins were like that. Good luck, Ted.

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003

In my defence I never intentionally overcharged anyone! I have been known to make mistakes!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Hi All,
Hopefully I will open this Friday afternoon at around 3pm the Bar is called Lucky Bar for now.( untill I make enough Profit to change it!!LOL!!) It's a small place so no big parties lot's of small one though!! Thanks to all my friends who have helped me out financially! hope to see you for a cold one soon!!
Ted

PS
Robert I hope this isn.t considered advertising!
Ted
Too bad you didn't open last month when Curt, Sandi and Rachelle were in town. They would have gotten you off to a profitable start. ;-)

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Good luck amigo, hope it works out for you.

I have known Ted for over ten years and I cannot imagine him padding anyones tab.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Good luck Ted. Will certainly stop by the next time we are in Sosua.
If Ted was literate enough I would love to read his version of Cabarette Diaries. It would be awesome :smoke:

May 29, 2006
I hope and expect Ted will do fine. He speaks Spanish, knows the business, knows Sosua and can be a source of great advice for old and new visitors.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Ted never uses a shot glass to measure drinks. In other places you get what you pay for. With Ted you get MORE than you pay for.