Thanks

B

Brenda

Hola regular readers of the board. I want to let you know that I am getting better now. I am about 40% better and am resting comfortably in my home. I want to thank everyone who offer good information for me to help me get well. Some of you have sent me e-mails and I tried to answer but they were undeliverable so I did not try to resend any. Take Care, Brenda

B

Brenda

Re: but how's the parasites doing?...

The parasites are doing fine. They love my body and do not want to leave it!!! I am taking it easy and following my doctors treatment. I am also consulting with Doctors in DR to make certain that things are clear for the proper treatment. My illness is not so serious as long as I get the proper treament without waiting to long. I am learning a lot about these little critters. Also, I learned a lesson about being stubborn about waiting to get home to see my doctor. I am the one responsible for making this a difficult manner. Here is some more advice for tourists, if you get sick there, do yourself a favor and see a doctor there. The Medical centers for tourists are quite safe and they know better this problem. I would have been totally well by now IF I was not so stubborn. Oh well, another hard lesson in life learned.

H

hillbilly

Glad to hear you are better. That ECH really

knows his stuff....
Be well,

HB

B

Brenda

Re: Glad to hear you are better. That ECH really

Yes he sure does! You also know your stuff, too bad I am not well enough to smoke a cigar. Maybe the next time I am in Jaun Dolio we can meet and I can buy some cigars for my friends. I admit I do not know fake from real so I usually buy from the Supermercado in SD to be safe. In any case my bosses have liked the cigars I buy them very much but still did not give me a raise. LOL

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Sick and the treatment

What is it exactly that you have and what is the treatment? How did the doctors decide what it was?

B

Brenda

Jim
I am not a doctor and I learning about the amebeas that are making me sick. I do not want to post too much mis information on this board . I think maybe I have scared people enough already. This is not my intention to cause fear. Whatever it is that I am sick with I only know that when I lived in the DR I also was sick with the same thing before. I trust my Doctor here in the states and I am consulting with the Dr who had treated me there in 1998 when I had it before. It comes from the water or food and is common in the DR. It is quickly cureable but I ignored it too long. In the beginning I thought I was sick from partying too much. When I sobered up enough I knew what it was. LOL OOOPS
New people to the board please go and enjoy your vacation in the Dominican Republic. I will go again for sure. Heck I have gotten sick at my company's Christmas party right here in the USA.

J

Jim Hinsch

Still, if you are receiving treatment, then I assume they must have identified what you have, else how could they prescribe a treatment. What you are being treated for and what is the treatment?

I'm in the DR and I'm not afraid of getting anything here. I've had my Hep. A and B shots and the only time I've ever gotten sick was when I stayed at a couple different all-inclusives in Punta Cana. I have gotten lots of colds though from the flights back and forth. I essentially fly a couple times a week and the only time I seem to get sick is when I travel by plane from hot to cold or cold to hot climates. Both me and a friend were violently ill for 4 days with a fever in Brazil last month, but an antibiotic shot knocked it out in a day for both of us. I would have blamed the lagoon I was sking in (not especially clean) except my friend never went in the water. Who knows.

Lots of people get sick when they travel to foreign countries, especially Europe and Mexico. Nothing new. It happens mostly to those that don't do a lot of international traveling and their systems have not been exposed to what is common to the local people. I'm not talking about a little stomach ache and fatigue from too much partying, sun, or tropical drinks, I'm talking about really sick, bed ridden with fever and/or vomiting. It comes with the territory and a good healthy body with a strong immune system is the best prevention.

C

Carol

Hi Brenda

Glad to hear you're feeling a lot better. Keep us posted on your progress.

Get well soon

Carol