Failed war on Drugs - Dominican Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From DR1 News:

Drug traffickers kept RD$6 million Dominican police payroll

Attorney General Francisco Dominguez Brito says that Cristian Pozo (El Matatan) who was recently arrested for possession of cocaine, maintained a RD$6 million a month payroll for San Cristobal police protection for several years, as reported in Listin Diario. Dominguez Brito said that investigations were ongoing to establish whether the entire San Cristobal police force was benefiting from these payments. El Matatan was arrested after a two-month intelligence operation by the National Drug Control Agency (DNCD). Dominguez was speaking during the opening of a new prosecutor's office in Invivienda, in Santo Domingo East yesterday, Thursday 20 February.

Dominguez Brito said it was unfortunate that police officers, whose role is to pursue criminals, should become their allies.

Dominguez said that efforts would continue to close down drug trafficking operations.

El Matatan was arrested in possession of two packages of a white power presumed to be cocaine.

Pagaba RD$6 MM a agentes policiales - listindiario.com

Yes it is "unfortunate" and also immensely ignorant not to know that keeping drugs illegal makes the police complicit in drug dealing activities because of the immense profits available. So they will replace the current crew and the next crew of police will soon be corrupted.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It's the same story for the Customs Inspectors at the ports and airports.
About every six months they fire everyone, and the next group gets their turn!
And the "Politicos/Judges" are "PAID" even MORE!!!!!
The "WAR" is NOT being LOST, by the drug dealers!
Can you spell, "Narco State"??????????????????????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
i've learned that the whole war against drugs is something one should not even be bothered about.

once you know that the economy needs drugs and why, then you'll understand that debating about really is just a waste of everything.

for those who understand how the worlds of diamonds work will understand me i think..

at then end of the day, if there is a product or source that will benefit many the people behind the scene will make sure that that product or source will be there forever! the fight against it and the use of it is all money!

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
at then end of the day, if there is a product or source that will benefit many the people behind the scene will make sure that that product or source will be there forever! the fight against it and the use of it is all money!

Also known as the law of supply and demand. It's pretty simple. If there's a demand for a product or service there's going to be someone willing to supply it regardless of its legality or lack thereof.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
No Wonder you have no money, and want to "Borrow" 300 Euros!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

it really sicken me that idiots like you trying to do me like that!

what makes you think i wanted to borrow 300 euros!

at this moment i only have little pesos and my cards don't work because i have a limit! i just moved so i needed to pay 2 months in advance and deposit and besides that i had a lot of costs! i ran through all my cash money so if ever i need something i just use my card! but because i already overused my limit i have nooo access to money!!!

i once sent my little brother in case he needed money, from the money that is left i still have 300 euro!

there is nooo reason to lose money over western union costs and exchange costs so i really at this moment need ever single peso till i can use my card again!

i can ask my fellow dutch men if they are willing to help me out! how?

1) my brother meets someone of their friends or family in the netherlands or he transfers the 300 euro on their dutch bank account!

2) now that person has the 300 euro, if that person has 300 euro here or has a lot of pesos he then can pay me out the rate of caribe express which is better than western union. in that way i don't lose nothing!

so yes, serious scream for help! so don't act stupid cos in this case it's no laughing matter! don't become a keyboard thug, just ask me what was going on! 300 euro is like 17000 peso so i'll be fine later but now i am not!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
i've learned that the whole war against drugs is something one should not even be bothered about.

once you know that the economy needs drugs and why, then you'll understand that debating about really is just a waste of everything.

for those who understand how the worlds of diamonds work will understand me i think..

There is a way to completely change the situation. Stop fighting a war that cannot be won. Prohibition never works.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
the war needs to be continued:

1) it creates jobs, think of all the agents who would lose their job if they can't fight this made up war

2) at the end of the day a lot of thugs and bad people do get killed and put away, 1 less bad guy may safe the life of a lot of good people and potential victims

so that's why this whole circus is something to stay far away from, the cards have already been dealth. some wars are not designed to win, they are just designed to keep the money flowing.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Winde is right-on with this one. Legalize it and tax it. That way govt makes the $$ and not the criminales.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the war needs to be continued:

1) it creates jobs, think of all the agents who would lose their job if they can't fight this made up war

2) at the end of the day a lot of thugs and bad people do get killed and put away, 1 less bad guy may safe the life of a lot of good people and potential victims

so that's why this whole circus is something to stay far away from, the cards have already been dealth. some wars are not designed to win, they are just designed to keep the money flowing.

I have to question your sanity.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN YOU SPELL,....................."Nut Cake" ????????????????????????????

I mean,...."Broke" Nut Cake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Then Dude must be an autistic savant because he is on the money with his assessment of the dope game. There is no money in the cure, the money's in the treatment, just like cancer. Dope will never be legalized because it is a job creator at every level of society and the effects of stopping the flow altogether would devastate the economies of several nations including the Dominican Republic.

I have to question the bust in post #1. Drug Barons would never be caught within miles of their product. Theirs is not a "hands on" business for good reason. The whole thing sounds orchestrated.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013

if you take time to study what is really going on you will understand what i'm talking about.

i'll try to explain it to you in abc.

- you have a popular source or product, in this case it is drugs.

- you have the government who is taxing everything, but they can't tax drugs cos as a government they need to protect their citizens and drugs is a product that will do more harm then good, so it's an illegal product. (however alcohol and guns somehow made it through)

- you have people who still need drugs, so you have people who are willing to supply cos it makes a lot of money.

- you then have bad people in the government who know this and trying to get their cut as well.

- the drugs problem is sooo big that the government does needs to do something about it cos they still need to protect their citizens. to do that they need empleados, so here you have it.. to fight drugs you need an army, these "soldiers" are people with kids to feed. so because of this war these people now have a job.

- there are sooo many agencies and people involved in this circus, the fight against drugs still helps a lot of people feeding their kids. this whole circus is feeding the good guys and the bad guys but at the end of the day there is money rolling.

- if today there was nooo crime the world would be a better place but now ask yourself how would all these people in uniform are able to feed their kids without income because there are no jobs for them.

* there is more to it than we all might think we know, like i said, the cards already have been dealth.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Then Dude must be an autistic savant because he is on the money with his assessment of the dope game. There is no money in the cure, the money's in the treatment, just like cancer. Dope will never be legalized because it is a job creator at every level of society and the effects of stopping the flow altogether would devastate the economies of several nations including the Dominican Republic.

I have to question the bust in post #1. Drug Barons would never be caught within miles of their product. Theirs is not a "hands on" business for good reason. The whole thing sounds orchestrated.

Never say never. The game is changing, albeit slowly.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013

someone who understands it!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Never say never. The game is changing, albeit slowly.

The only change that I see is the long overdue release of hemp from consideration as a dangerous narcotic in some states.

The windfall tax revenue in Colorado will inspire many other cash strapped states to follow suit and pass similar legislation. CNN did a piece on it yesterday.

Colorado stash: $184M in marijuana taxes - Feb. 20, 2014

This may be bigger than the dot-com bubble.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The only change that I see is the long overdue release of hemp from consideration as a dangerous narcotic in some states.

The windfall tax revenue in Colorado will inspire many other cash strapped states to follow suit and pass similar legislation. CNN did a piece on it yesterday.

Colorado stash: $184M in marijuana taxes - Feb. 20, 2014

This may be bigger than the dot-com bubble.

That is the slow change to which I refer. Those who think that nothing can be done are just giving up and letting the damage currently being done to continue.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
That is the slow change to which I refer. Those who think that nothing can be done are just giving up and letting the damage currently being done to continue.

I really believe that hemp is where common sense policies will end. There are just too many fronts when it comes to trying to wage war against the real dangerous drugs. Too many People are making too much money to simply regulate their business out of existence. Some battles just aren't worth fighting. Opium production in SE Asia, Mexico and Afghanistan is protected by the same people who are getting paid to stop it at the borders. They're like stockbrokers, they get paid no matter what happens to the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.