Scott Teilhaber In Critical Condition

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Many of you know Scott, if only from the years when he was active on DR1. Sunday afternoon, when watching a motocross race, a motorcycle went out of control and slid into him, smashing both legs and causing head injuries.

He is in a coma in intensive in CMC.

You hear about things like this on TV, but it is very hard to believe when it happens to someone you know. Reminds you how uncertain life is and how important it is to live each day to the fullest.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Many of you know Scott, if only from the years when he was active on DR1. Sunday afternoon, when watching a motocross race, a motorcycle went out of control and slid into him, smashing both legs and causing head injuries.

He is in a coma in intensive in CMC.

You hear about things like this on TV, but it is very hard to believe when it happens to someone you know. Reminds you how uncertain life is and how important it is to live each day to the fullest.

very sad. i know Scott pretty well, and this comes to me as very bad news.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
His sister posted on his Facebook page last night. From the responses there I did not believe the situation was as dire as was described here by Ken.
I am sure Ken's information is reliable but as always in the DR information seems to conflict.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I hope he is not as bad as my post sounded.

What I posted was taken from a message sent by someone who is very close to the situation:

"He is in critical condition in a coma in intensive care.... According to the neurosurgeon the 72 hours following the trauma (Sunday @ about 3) are crucial. I believe he is getting excellent care. No visitors. For those who pray now is the time."

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Should have mentioned that I interpreted the "no visitors" in the message I posted to mean that people who received the message should not rush over to the hospital to visit him,not to mean family members were excluded.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Sad to hear about this news. Scott you're a tough cookie...you'll overcome this one just fine! Abrazos!

May 12, 2005
I visited him yesterday and he is in bad shape, I am not sure to the extent of his injuries but please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers, I will be back to check on him today.

I hope he has a full recovery but he is in very bad shape. It is probably best that he get to a good rehab hospital in the US to facilitate recovery. Head traumas are serious injuries and with 2 broken legs clotting is an issue. Prayers for a friend.