Medical Costs.. x rays cat scan

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Just thought I would post

At Clinic Abreu.. two x rays. head .. 800 pesos

ct scan / 2600 pesos

I have insurance which paid.. I do not know if prices would be different for someone without local insurance.

*I have hearing loss, and now sudden nausea and dizziness,.,, thought the hearing loss was from a couple of years ago when a baby squid took up residence in my ear.. ok.. tomorrow for the blood test and full hearing test.

RayO

Mar 25, 2012
When I broke my wrist each x-ray at 3 different clinics charged 400 pesos each. Guess it must be a standard rate as we didn't have insurance.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Have no clue how much they cost here in PC but I bet they are around that, a friend of mine broke her foot and had to have two x-rays, plaster etc., and it all cost her RD$4,000 without insurance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
If it's that cheap, why bother with insurance?

because apart from a small thing like breaking your leg you may also have a car accident, require extensive surgery, get cancer and run into situations that will leave you penniless. each of those could end up costing you a cool million pesos. you have that much spare change? i don't.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
because apart from a small thing like breaking your leg you may also have a car accident, require extensive surgery, get cancer and run into situations that will leave you penniless. each of those could end up costing you a cool million pesos. you have that much spare change? i don't.

I appreciate what you say. However, in my case, I will be on Medicare starting next month. In case of a major surgery or a catastrophic illness, I could go back to the US. I understand that is not the case for everyone, and I should have qualified my former post.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I appreciate what you say. However, in my case, I will be on Medicare starting next month. In case of a major surgery or a catastrophic illness, I could go back to the US. I understand that is not the case for everyone, and I should have qualified my former post.

I used to think like you - and my supplemental insurance will reimburse us for any emergency care we need for the first 90 days we're out of the country.

What happens if you're in an accident on day 91? It's not the US where car insurance pays your medical bills.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

if you have a car accident and need to have both legs amputated asap your chances of going to the USA to have it done are zero. think about that. heart attack, stroke, head injury - the same thing, you are going nowhere. health insurance is one of the things you keep on paying for all your life yet still you are best off never using a cent that you put in.

I hate insurance but I am glad we have had it here! We both seem to injure ourselves a lot here, it is odd!

2 days ago my wife and I got nasty bites from a few rotties...long story but I am glad we do have insurance just in case something really brutal happens and we can't travel home etc...
$50 for x-rays and stitching us up and cleaning the wounds etc for both of us and we have insurance.
$150 for the meds we needed.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"dv", I strongly believe that you are wasting your LOGIC on "Senor Chi Town"!!!!!!!
I have SEVERAL kids of medical insurance in the USA, but when my heart stops beating, I go to CEDIMAT!

"MA" I heard that the X-rays of your head showed "Nothing"????????
:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
For Punta Cana, last time I had an x-ray done at Hospiten without insurance, cost was 800 pesos.

But we have all the time in the world.............................................

I'm still too upset to talk about it to much but basically our pit bull was grabbed by 3 rotties and dragged his head through our neighbors gate and they all attacked him. We have a muzzle on him when we walk him bc he doesn't like other dogs so he couldn't even fight back. Both of us put our arms through the fence to try and save him hence the bites...

He went limp a few times and we thought they had killed him. The whole time we were trying to get the rotties off of him by hitting them with palm leaves and locals came and started throwing rocks at the rotties. 20 minutes later we finally got them off him but his head was still stuck in the gate.

It was horrible, he just came home today from the vet, not sure if he is going to be ok.
I can't get the images out of my head :-(