Android? Affordable?

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I'm sure you've all seen that cell phones here are priced outrageously. (And those phones at that price ONLY work on Claro). There is a better alternative and it works on Claro, Orange, or Viva. (Tricom is CDMA and this phone is GSM).

If you want the best Android experience without the bloatware (the stuff the manufacturer and service provider put on the phone), ease of use, and most bang for your buck, you're in luck.

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=n

At 179.99(8GB)-199.99(16GB) you can ship it here without paying any tax.

moto-x-comparison.jpg

[video=youtube;KFD0Nm2dOHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFD0Nm2dOHw[/video]

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The review of the Moto G had one of the best review styles of any product I have ever seen. He is very good at doing reviews.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
orange has the Blue 5.0 for about the same price as you can buy and ship.
Also they have Samsung Neo for about 5,000 DOP. I use this one and works ok. Camera is the suxor!!!!!!!!!!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
From reviews on Amazon and Motorola forum it is best not to upgrade this Moto G phone to Android KitKat, lots of issues with that version - also it's Google approach (like Nexus), no micro SD card slot and it's a fixed battery, saying that it has amazing specs for the price...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have a Nexus 5 and love it. Fast as lightning, no lag time ever, costs $350 plus tax and shipping from Google Play Store. I use it both in the DR and the US. I just take the Sim out and put the other one in and it works. It uses Nano Sim, which you can get easily here.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I have a Nexus 5 and love it. Fast as lightning, no lag time ever, costs $350 plus tax and shipping from Google Play Store. I use it both in the DR and the US. I just take the Sim out and put the other one in and it works. It uses Nano Sim, which you can get easily here.

How much was the tax at Aduanas for that $350?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't care about no additional memory. i am an average user and i hardly utilize what this phone has to offer. calls, messages, line and occasionally internet. oh, and i use it to provide internet to my laptop when we have claro problems. but the best thing about it is that is comes factory s**t free: no facebook, no twitter, no s**tty social media applications. the only thing that pi**es me off with smartphones is that you need gmail (or is it googlemail?) account. i must be one of millions of people whose password contains words not fit for print.

dalethefarmer

Jan 27, 2014
The MOTO G is the best all around android phone in that price range. The CDMA boost mobile version cost $90 on amazon, but I think the only CDMA provider in DR is Tricom...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
i don't care about no additional memory. i am an average user and i hardly utilize what this phone has to offer. calls, messages, line and occasionally internet. oh, and i use it to provide internet to my laptop when we have claro problems. but the best thing about it is that is comes factory s**t free: no facebook, no twitter, no s**tty social media applications. the only thing that pi**es me off with smartphones is that you need gmail (or is it googlemail?) account. i must be one of millions of people whose password contains words not fit for print.

We should all thank google or we would be iphone zombies paying $2000 a phone for S$it. Password= googleisgreat

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
If you want the best Android experience without the bloatware (the stuff the manufacturer and service provider put on the phone), ease of use, and most bang for your buck, you're in luck.

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=n

moto-x-comparison.jpg

:)

Only two of the phones in the above table have the bands required to use 4g LTE data in DR which Orange Dominicana and TRICOM just deployed.. If only used for voice, then any of the the above phones are good. However, for the best Android experience (data) LTE is almost a must today.

LTE Link: http://www.androidauthority.com/4g-vs-lte-274882/

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Agreed with the 4G point but will counter it and say HSPA+ is close to 4G speeds which this phone has bands supporting those frequencies.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Agreed with the 4G point but will counter it and say HSPA+ is close to 4G speeds which this phone has bands supporting those frequencies.

HSPA+ = about 20 Mbps or much less @ developing nations. About 40 Mbps (maybe) @ ATT & Tmobile USA.

4G LTE = 150~300 Mbps

HSPA+ is the tip of the mountain with 3G technology. While LTE is the foundation for a new mountain.

Of course these are theoretical speeds. Best bet is to do a speed test on your mobile device/carrier. Most will likely experience much lower speeds with either technology, but a world of difference between the two.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Using an OTG cable will this phone support a flash drive, mouse, or keyboard?