A Country Named Punta Cana

May 12, 2005
Apparently some think Punta Cana is it's own country..................

Vivo en un pa?s que se llama Punta Cana -

john_stewart_facepalm.jpg

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, they do. In Spain many package holidays in the DR are promoted using the Punta Cana/B?varo name and the posters don't always mention the country's name, so some tourists barely know, and are not really interested in, which country they are in.

But this article says as much about the writer's lack of sophistication as that of the foreigners who are ignorant about the DR. Especially her mention of the presence of plastic fast food chains as a sign of the country's progress...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
just another prove that DR cannot do sarcasm and mockery. this article could have been good if the writer had a scrap of a brain and was familiar with a concept of irony. but no. the author brings out that what makes DR great is metro, applebees and wifi. because yeah, cannot see that anywhere else in the world. and that foaming at the mouth that people know nada about a small speck on the map that happen to be writer's (and i am using this term loosely) home country. please, stop. you are embarrassing yourself, girl.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I saw some people were sharing that on Feib?uh a couple of days ago. At first I thought it was going to be a witty article, then she?s like "We have Applebee's, wifi and the metro!!" LOL

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
hahah, I think the writer was out of focus, she started good and then passed to wrong. She wanted to try to say that we are more than just beaches, but Punta Cana is where most of the people go, ignoring that we also have culture, that we have the first settlement in America build by spanish and in the same way a lot other first historic location arround colonial zone.

She didnt know that the name for that is Cultural Turism, where go people that is not looking for all inclusive, that is why the goverment is changing the Colonial Zone, recovering the sidewalks for locals and foreigners tourist, Hiding the wires, and cleanning the face of the old houses, to atract more people to visit Santo Domingo, not only for a day tour, to make them to Stay in the City.

There is also another kind of turist that love purchasing, so for that group Santo Domingo has big shopping malls where can find all international chains for clothing and also restaurants.

Next step that the goverment is working is updating a factibility study that must be finished in June 2014 for the Conference market, they are going to build a Convention Center in Santo Domingo, all hotels in Santo Domingo are renewing their facilities and building new ones, so they have to do something to bring more people to Santo Domingo.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she reminds me about that "teacher" girls, whatsherface, who is miss DR. asked about what is best about DR she started about beaches, mangoes and other crap, realized she was boring and lame and finished off with lo mejor es nuestro gente. drums, thunder and clapping. good save. if you think that the best thing about DR is dominicans start with this concept and prove your point.

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
?para mi todas las dominicanas son morenas, con el pelo crespo y se la pasan bailando en la playa?.

She complains too much. Isnt true that most are morenas con pelo crespo?. At first sight she look morena with
pelo crespo.

Morenas con pelos crespo and a beer in their hands is great !!!!!!!!!!!!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Read the first comment by "lenny pichardo borrello" at the end of the article. I think he nailed it!
hahah he is dumb, I was reading an article about a british couple that though that Dominican Republic was only beach, they was surpriced when realized all that the colonial zone has it, they said was thinking not to comeback anymore, after 3 times they get tired of the beach.

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
Read the first comment by "lenny pichardo borrello" at the end of the article. I think he nailed it!

I liked the comment by Him and Roberto Rosario. I do not see anything wrong with promoting the Punta cana area and omitting the name of the country. When Mexico promotes Cancun or Spain Ibiza, they dont mention the name of their country.

"Pienso que la jovencita que ha escrito este art?culo, en cuya intenci?n solo puedo ver el deseo de "figurear" creyendo soci?loga o patri?tica, est? rodeada de ineptos, que en modo alguno reflejan lo que verdaderamente piensan de nosotros en el extranjero."

Aug 6, 2006
Morenas are abundant, but pelo crespo is less common due to the tireless work of las peinadoras. The favored style is bone straight hair, most often worn in a tubi or entubado.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
“para mi todas las dominicanas son morenas, con el pelo crespo y se la pasan bailando en la playa”.

She complains too much. Isnt true that most are morenas con pelo crespo?. At first sight she look morena with
pelo crespo.

Morenas con pelos crespo and a beer in their hands is great !!!!!!!!!!!!
There's a difference between todas and most, and I'm not referring to the change in language.

Todas las dominicanas... are not morenas.

Todas las dominicanas... don't have pelo crespo, not even todas las morenas have it like that.

Todas las dominicanas... don't se la pasan bailando en la playa, in fact todas las dominicanas don't even live on the coast, much less are able to spend their time bailando en la playa.

Seems to me that DR1, as usual, is going way beyond the mark.