Home Delivery - MoneyGram

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Does anyone have experience with this service? I am very hesitant to use it. I've been searching options to get USD here and besides Xoom, MoneyGram or WesternUnion seem to be the only options. For whatever reason my family member does not want to use the internet and have their information on Xoom, old school I guess. I, however, do not feel very confident in MoneyGram and their home delivery service.

If anyone has experience and how confirmation of delivery to recipient works I'd like to hear about it. Or if there are other viable options.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I've used Moneygram in Colombia, didn't have any problems. As I recall, the fees were better than those of WU.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I've used MoneyGram before but never their Home Delivery service. I'm not sure how the process works so I'm hesitant.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I have used it money gram gettien the money to my bank account and also picking up the money in the bank, Banco Popular, Banco de Reservas and If im not wrong Banco Leon also are money gran rep.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I've used MoneyGram multiple times to pick up at various locations and had no issues.

Has anyone had experience with Home Delivery service provided by MoneyGram.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Not sure why anyone couldn't make it to the local office to pick up something, especially free money.
Hope the home delivery works out better than the mail service here. :)

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Not sure why anyone couldn't make it to the local office to pick up something, especially free money.
Hope the home delivery works out better than the mail service here. :)

You cannot get USD at the local office.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
Does anyone have experience with this service? I am very hesitant to use it. I've been searching options to get USD here and besides Xoom, MoneyGram or WesternUnion seem to be the only options. For whatever reason my family member does not want to use the internet and have their information on Xoom, old school I guess. I, however, do not feel very confident in MoneyGram and their home delivery service.

If anyone has experience and how confirmation of delivery to recipient works I'd like to hear about it. Or if there are other viable options.

ive used money gram 3 times, and he goes to pick it up at any money gram location, either in leon bank or banco popular, there are many many money gram locations, and when you send it it is only with the persons name and not location, so they can pick it up anywhere in the country . the fees are good, the more u end the more u pay but ex , i sent 80$ once bost me 6 to send and when i send 480 cost me 14 to send. less expensive than western union, home delivery i would not trust,

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
i normaly never send money, was for emergancy so its all good thanks :) im in canada so i dont have us back account.

but that is really good 5$ for up to 3000 , nice

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
I'm sorry but I think NOBODY is reading my post so I will edit it.

I have used MoneyGram to pick up plenty of times at banks, I need to know about HOME DELIVERY IN $$USD$$

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Exchange rate is motivating factor plus I have to purchase something in USD.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I understand your asking about USD home delivery. Doesn't Western Union allow you to recieve dollars or pesos?

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Do you not have a friend/relative here with a $US bank account?

Send the money to their account and withdraw in $$$$........

Apr 13, 2011
I do not trust Home Delivery as an option. I do not want to "trust" the moto delivery person - and I do not need others seeing a delivery of money. So - Home Delivery is never an option I select with Moneygram - and yes, I know that eliminates the option of USD.

I understand that you need to get USD sent - so send it by WU and they can pick up as USD. I just think that is safer.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Same price to send it WU or MoneyGram and get USD. Thanks I will go that route.

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
double check with moneygram if its possible to get usd, pick up or home delivery. make sure you specifically say they will be received in the DR. some changes just went into effect and i was expecting to pick up us dollars last week but was unable to. they wouldnt even convert them to pesos for me, had to be returned and sent again in pesos. good luck

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

I sent a moneygram home delivery in US dollars from Canada to secure my apartment. I gave the person's name and phone number and she received a call to come pick up the money. I'll have to ask her who exactly called at this end. I went through the Canadian post office and paid about 16 bucks to send 560.00 ( approx) WU is more expensive from Canada. The 3 day delivery was the only option I had for US dollars. The instant gram was only in pesos.

I'll ask today on how and where it was delivered here in DR

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Home delivery is setting you up for potential problems. They already think you are rich, You can do you... but I wouldnt give them, ladrones, another incentive to run up in the house.