Goat Farmers in the Dominica Republic

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Does anyone know of a reputable farm or person who raises meat goats in the DR? (Preferably in the Cibao)

I'd like to buy a good male Boer goat to impregnate my group of female criollo & crillo/boer goats.

Thanks,

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Last edited:

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Great! Thanks Bob. I'll definitely contact him.

What's sad is that I found an article by a lady who said she judged a national goat/sheep show 2 years in a row here a back around 2009, so I wrote her to get some info... she doesn't have any contacts any more nor does she even know the name of the show... hmmm... :)

www.sheepandgoat.com/articles/judgingDR.html‎

Russ

Contact this GUY Russ. He's not in the DR but he's judged Goat shows here and he's one of the acknowledged experts on meat goats, especially the ones you are looking for. Perhaps he'll pass on some info on breeders here in the DR.
Antelope Creek Boer Goats, Featuring Quality South African Boer Goats from the Bloodlines of Champions
The Judging Connection .com

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
I like to recycle, what can I say?

Your message was quoting someone else's comment, not mine, so perhaps I misunderstood you.

I was looking for reputable Boer (meat) goat breeders, but the commenter you replied to was looking for dairy goats.

Thanks. ... And sorry. ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You guys are ,........"Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I sincerely hope you can do something to improve the amount of meat on Dominican goats!!!!!!
They are "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" To The BONE"!
AND there is to much Bone to be "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad' to!
Just remember, DR goats MUST be free ranged in Monticristi!
They eat the wild Oregano, and Dominicans say they come already "Sazonado"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
If all goes according to plaaaaan, I'll be able to sell higher quality free range goat meat within the year!

I'll be looking to market the meat to resorts and higher end restaurants if possible, but at this point I have no connections to do so.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As I Always say,..."Build A Better Goat, and They Will Beat a Path To Your Doorstep"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best of luck!
Need any old "Tin Cans"?????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
Contact this GUY Russ. He's not in the DR but he's judged Goat shows here and he's one of the acknowledged experts on meat goats, especially the ones you are looking for. Perhaps he'll pass on some info on breeders here in the DR.
Antelope Creek Boer Goats, Featuring Quality South African Boer Goats from the Bloodlines of Champions
The Judging Connection .com

Unfortuneatly, Bob, this man also had a very similar response as did the first sheep/goat show judge I contacted. They mentioned that the DR was the first show they ever judged... and they've done over 120 shows world-wide since.

I guess I'll just wait a couple weeks until the March 2014 'Feria Agropecuaria Nacional' at the 'Ciudad Ganadera' in Santo Domingo to meet some Boer producers. ;)

Russ

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ORRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, just stay here on DR1.
You will soon be ,..."Boer"ed to DEATH!!!!!!!!

"POST NOW",...."FISH"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps, that "Feria" is a great show!
Just watch where you step!!!!

Lots of "chips" on the ground!!!!!!!

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
I managed to get contact info for about 3 or 4 goat and sheep breeders from the 2014 agricultural fair in Santo Domingo.

The pure/registered male Boer goats had an asking price of US$2,000.

I think I'll wait a few weeks and then contact them to ask about pricing and see if there is a post-show price difference :)

erytu2an.jpg

a9egezut.jpg

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
I mis-read the title of this thread. Needless to say, I am very disappointed.
JAJAJAJA