Rottweiler Pups Available in April

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We're expecting a litter of rottie pups in a couple of weeks. Pups will have to be picked up before we leave to return to the US the end of April.

Parents are on the premises, both are beautiful dogs.

We've had the male since he was a year old, the female since birth [was my mother-in-law's dog until she passed].

Here's a photo of the parents [click to enlarge]:

7553_10201491258512447_433124938_n.jpg

If anyone is interested, we have an ad with contact info in the DR1 Classifieds.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Have to go to the South Coast? Where abouts?

May be interested in one. My son Marco (the infamous Mo?o?o) had three of them...they are good dogs.

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you go to the DR1 Home Page, then click on 'Classifieds', then on 'View Ads', you'll see all the details, including location, price, phone #, etc.

We're in San Cristobal Province, about 45 minutes west of Santo Domingo.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
Tysons going to be a papi. I can definitely vouch for the father as being a good dog. He was mine for the one year vefore Alterego took him when we had to leave the country.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Tysons going to be a papi. I can definitely vouch for the father as being a good dog. He was mine for the one year vefore Alterego took him when we had to leave the country.

Yes! He is a wonderful dog and a great part of our lives, he's living the good life. The female is about a year older, we bought her for my mother in law, like Tyson she's very sweet but very fierce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Pups were born last night, only 5 of them. Mr. AE says 3 females, 2 males. They are adorable. Parents are on premises, both are our dogs.

We're only asking 5000 pesos [and a good home!] for them. Why so cheap? Time.... We're leaving the country the end of April, so we don't have the luxury of time..... Pups will be ready to go after April 23. We'll take deposits in advance.

GEDC1719.jpg

GEDC1718.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
what is happening there, AE? i saw on the other thread that you lost some puppies :(
this is very sad. rotties are big and strong as adults but puppies are very weak and they easily succumb to diseases.

here is a thread about birth (and care) of our puppies. maybe it can be of help:
http://dr1.com/forums/living/105170-my-dog-giving-birth-help.html

I remembered your thread vividly, but couldn't find it, thanks!

Well, on Tuesday night she delivered 6 pups, one of them we couldn't revive [never took a breath], and another tiny male was revived, but was very weak and he died yesterday. I had been keeping him warm and feeding him myself, and I cried when he died. He was so adorable and had all the identical markings of his father.

Then yesterday all of the sudden she delivered another HUGE male, totally limp, dead. We called the vet, who came over and gave her a shot, which delivered another huge pup, female, also dead. The 3 who were born dead were very large, almost twice the size of the others.

So, there were a total of 8, and we have 4 alive and thriving: 3 females and one male.

This is not for the faint of heart, I never want to do it again.

This is her second litter, the first was about 3 years ago - my BIL has one of her daughters, and when she gave birth last year, she also had an over-24-hour gap and then had more pups. I'd never heard of that happening before.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the 24 hour gap in puppy and kitten litters is fairly normal. that homeless cat skank we adopted last year birthed two kittens in the morning, one in the evening and had two more that she could not push out. i was told this is not unusual in both cats and dogs. in rotties the first litter is pretty much an indication for the future. we did not want any more litters because fiji's pregnancy did not go all that well, she had skin problems, lost hair, had ticks and her titties still hang so low people ask us if she is prego again.

anyways, i hope all goes well. if mama does not eat much buy some chicken livers, cook in a pot of water and then whizz everything in a mixer to make lovely liver slush. pour on kibbles. our rottie loved it. you can also do the same with a can of sardines.

fingers crossed for the puppies, post more pictures!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
the 24 hour gap in puppy and kitten litters is fairly normal. that homeless cat skank we adopted last year birthed two kittens in the morning, one in the evening and had two more that she could not push out. i was told this is not unusual in both cats and dogs. in rotties the first litter is pretty much an indication for the future. we did not want any more litters because fiji's pregnancy did not go all that well, she had skin problems, lost hair, had ticks and her titties still hang so low people ask us if she is prego again.

anyways, i hope all goes well. if mama does not eat much buy some chicken livers, cook in a pot of water and then whizz everything in a mixer to make lovely liver slush. pour on kibbles. our rottie loved it. you can also do the same with a can of sardines.

fingers crossed for the puppies, post more pictures!

As soon as we knew she was pregnant, Matilda/Lindsay suggested extra protein for her, so we've been doing the livers/hearts for 2 months already. I didn't know about the sardines! What about canned tuna?

She's still not eating a lot, but she gobbles up the bowl we mix with the cooked livers - I add a teaspoon of garlic powder to it [for taste, and I've heard it keeps fleas/ticks at bay]

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Pups were a week old yesterday, they've doubled in size and weight, eyes still closed. Still in the eating/sleeping mode.

Photos later!