the cinema in playa dorada opened again!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
good news from POP, the cinema in playa dorada has opened again on the 26th of february. tickets will cost about 150 pesos and opening hours will be thursday to sunday at 5:00 pm; 7:00 pm y 9:00 pm. there are three rooms so movies will also start at 5:15; 7:15 and 9:15 plus 5:30; 7:30 and 9:30.

INAUGURAN CINEMAS POP EN PLAYA DORADA MALL
Puerto Plata nuevamente tiene cine; inauguran Cinemas POP Playa Dorada - Puerto Plata Digital

i think they will play some dominican movies to start so do not count on current blockbusters just yet.

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
count me in for the movie dates too. just learned today there was a cinema over there. as long as its in English--i'm in!! aC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hollywood movies are in english with spanish subtitles. apart from catroons or kid movies, they have spanish dubbing.

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
I am happy. I've been waiting to see all the movies that are out. Can't wait to see them. We should make a movie date???

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am happy. I've been waiting to see all the movies that are out. Can't wait to see them. We should make a movie date???

don't hold your breath on seeing all the movies that are out.. even in SD, we do not even get all the ones that are nominated for best picture. I just posted .. right now.. about the one theater that does show the really good flix.. which is the Fine Arts. But maybe you can make a deal with them if there are enough of you up there?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From Today's Sosua News

A few years ago you could choose from three movie theaters in Playa Dorada. But for the decline of tourism on the north coast and therefore the closure of several hotels in the Playa Dorada complex, also these theaters were forced to close their doors. But now entrepreneur Jos? Daniel Jim?nez has had the courage to open a new theater

with three screening rooms under the name 'POP Cinemas' in the shopping center of Playa Dorada. The inauguration took place on Thursday, February 27 in the presence of dignitaries from Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata, Sos?a and Cabarete. Among them, the director of tourism on the north coast Mr. Lorenzo Sancassani. Pastor Rafael Mart?nez gave his blessing during the opening of the beautifully built and luxuriously furnished theater. Lorenzo Sancassani said on this occasion that tourism, thanks to many efforts of the local hotel owners, picks up and the opening of the theater is hopefully another sign that is does. The tickets for a movie only cost 150 pesos. The cinema has always three film to offer. The movies can be seen from Thursday to Sunday at 5 pm, 7 pm and 9 pm.