Travelling to the D.R.

A

Angela

First off, this morning, my thoughts and prayers are with all those dealing with the news of the crash this morning. Even in Canada, all our T.V. stations are covering this tragic story.

On another note, I hope this does not scare people into not visitng this amazing country. We are hoping to go in January, and have not picked a hotel yet. Looking for any info on the Playa Naco Golf and Tennis Resort. ANY info would be helpful, as we have to book soon.

Thanks!

M

massei

Playa Naco is my friends and my favourite resort, the people are wonderful, the entertainment is great, we usually try to stay there everytime we go. We loved the set up of the resort, the pool is large and same with the rooms, very spacious. This resort also has the best Banana Mamas Drink ever made! I've tried them elsewhere and nobody can make drinks like the bartenders here....but this is just my opinion. massei

D

D RIVERA

ME AND MY HUSBAND TAKE THIS SAME EXACT FLIGHT OUT OF JFK ABOUT 3 TIMES A YEAR TO VISIT FAMILY AND FRIENDS. JUST TO THINK THAT THIS COULD HAVE BEEN US MAKE'S US REALIZE THE BLESSINGS WE HAVE IN OUR LIVES.

MY FAMILY'S PRAYERS GOES OUT TO ALL THE VICTIM'S FAMILY AND FRIEND OF THE PASSANGERS AND CREW OF THIS FLIGHT.

A

A MOTHER

The time of your posting and your sympathy message lets me know you were aware of the crash.
But my question is who cares where u will be staying when you visit DR. YOUR TIMING STINKS. People like you are the reason this country is in such a bad state of affairs. Worried only about the dollar. MONEY MONEY MONEY thats all some people think about. Stay where it costs the most then you will feel you got the most for your money. When will we realize that you cant take the money with you its more important that we make changes to our lives learn to love one anotther. Stop the hate in this country, stop teaching your children to hate. Remember the things you say about other races.

A

Angela

learn not to judge!!

Quite simply, I did not ask you to "Care" about where I would be staying this January, I was only asking for help in choosing a vacation spot. If you did not care to help with that request, you did not have to post a reply. And in asking for help, I am not concerned about the "money" involved, I wanted to go to a place that would teach me some culture, intermix with another way of living, and give me better understanding about different people. I do not "hate" anyone, nor would I teach my non existant children to hate. And I did not say anything about any other race - how do you know I am not a minority race?? People like you that judge and make assumptions about other people is what is causing our countries to fall apart, not me choosing a vacation spot. You know nothing about me, you know nothing of my efforts to help people in a country that don't even know who their "neighbour to the north" is, or how much time, effort, and money, people in Canada have donated to releif efforts in the U.S. I think you need to take some time to learn not to judge others until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

B

Bob

Re: learn not to judge!!

Angela; I agree with the previous poster, your timing leaves a lot to be desired. This is neither the time nor the forum for you to be asking about your vacation plans. Do you understand how many Dominican people are suffering profoundly right now and that your vacation accommodations are just not very important in the scheme of things. I suggest you go to another website to get travel info and not here where people are trying to support eachother after this catastrophe.

B

Bianny

Re: learn not to judge!!

Who are u asking for help? Whos going to help u right now? Nobody its thinking about vacations right now, why should we help u find information about hotels, when our nations its suffering for our brothers and sister who dies in this tragedy... Find another time and place to ask for help... Because right now we just want to have so peace... Like me, pray for those who loss families and stop beind so self-fish.

P

Pib

Hey people! Take it easy!

I understand that we are very sensitive now. This that happened reminds us once again how unimportant everything is when we may loose our lives in the blink of a eye. But life goes on. That's the beauty of this all, we pull ourselves together and continue doing whatever it is that we were doing.

The lady came to the RIGHT place asking for a legitimate question -that I most unfortunately don't have an answer to. This forum, as you can see on the top of the homepage is about giving visitors and visotors-to-be information on our country. Let's be polite and useful, what's the harm of it?

T

Thomas robert

Re: Hey people! Take it easy!

Dear Angela, think of your post like this: "Other than the shooting Mrs Lincoln,how did you like the play? Nothing wrong with the question,just very bad timing! tommy

A

Angela

Thanks to Pib for trying to help - I realize there is a huge loss going on in the world right now, and I think that "A Mother" went a little overboard on the interpertation of my post - like I said, I am in Canada, in a province most americans don't know exists, and yet these people, like most people across Canada have pulled together to help with releif efforts, and volunteering our time to help, and sending money to help the Red Cross.

I needed a little help, and thought that is what this message board was for - I did not realize that questions on travelling to the Dominican can only be asked when nothing else is making major headlines. I will find another message board to see if someone there can help me. Sorry for asking.

C

Carol

Hey Angela

This is the right board for you but with such a major tragedy it's understandable that people's emotions are running riot. Give it a couple of days and then come back with your question. As Tommy said it was just that the timing was unfortunate.

I'm sure when you try again, you will find people will go out of their way to help you.

Please come back to us, we're not a bad lot really.

Carol

E

El Jefecito

Have sent you an email with the DR1 resort review for this place. Hope it helps. Description in Spanish...hope you can either read it or find a translator.

A

Angela

So we did end up losing out on Playa Naco because it sold out before I could find out about it, but ended up getting our last choice, so we are off to Casa Marina Reef at the end of January. I just wanted to say a huge "Thank you!!" to everyone that contacted me personally to try to help us out.

T

trina

Cut her some slack!

Angela didn't say anything wrong...come on!!! Angela, having stayed at the Casa Marina 3 times myself, you are going to love it. If you need info, please contact me, I used to live in Sosua (by the way, I am a former Saskatchewanite, too! Lampman...near Estevan). If the above e-mail address bounces back, e-mail at trinaburgos@hotmail.com.

P

Pooky

Re: Cut her some slack!

Trina

These morons need to say something, though it means nothing..ignore them, they know not what they say