Motoconcho killed in Cabarete

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have a hard time understanding that picture..

yes, me too. DdR reports accidents all the time, covering area from POP to cabarete. last week italian man died close to montellano. this is a dangerous road. drive carefully, people.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Are you saying that a mo mo cocho hombre bought it? I have mixed feelings when a mo mo cocho is sent to heaven...

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
The fine for Crashing/hitting a motto concho should not exceed more than 500 pesos. A friend of mine put one of these guys in the hospital. The driver was drunk, not paying attention, on wrong side if the road. And then the family had the nerve to ask my friend for money for medical bills. That is some big cajones

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The fine for Crashing/hitting a motto concho should not exceed more than 500 pesos. A friend of mine put one of these guys in the hospital. The driver was drunk, not paying attention, on wrong side if the road. And then the family had the nerve to ask my friend for money for medical bills. That is some big cajones

drunk foreigners have done their fair share of damage. a drunk American, driving on the wrong side of the road, killed one of my childhood friends, some years ago. another drunk American killed a friend of mine's brother and his passenger. should the fine for those be 500 max? is that what you think other people are worth?

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Well, you see it is only tragic when people from the US dies down here. All other humans has zero value and can be made fun of.

It's only tragic if you know them. Otherwise it's just one of many thousands of similar stories that happens every day. What's worse someone who uses humor to deaden the everyday din of human misery, or someone who uses the misery to elevate his sense of himself compared to others. You can't expect me to think that you really give a hoot about each and every one of the thousands who meet an untimely end every day. You'll just jump on any excuse you can drum up to grind your axe for the grudge you have against people from the US.

It's only tragic if you know them. Otherwise it's just one of many thousands of similar stories that happens every day. What's worse someone who uses humor to deaden the everyday din of human misery, or someone who uses the misery to elevate his sense of himself compared to others. You can't expect me to think that you really give a hoot about each and every one of the thousands who meet an untimely end every day. You'll just jump on any excuse you can drum up to grind your axe for the grudge you have against people from the US.

Here we go again, just one word of truth regarding the disrespectful behaviour when non-US expats die, and one is automaticly labaled as an anti-american by a narrowminded retard with an halfopen drooling mouth. I was expecting something like this, so thank you.

I bet you have an "I-travel-alone" card around your neck when on airports.

If i had so much against the people from the US, then i would shoot myself in the foot, i have an extended family over there. Now go and take your bloodpressure medicine.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The dead guy was very popular among the Haitian community because he always helped others when he could. Many people contributed whatever they were able to the family. It's hard to understand the picture because he was practically sliced in half by the impact. There were rumours that the driver also killed some Dominicanos during his drive of death, but I think that was JUST rumour.

There are also rumours that the driver, who is quite well known around town, fled to the police station but was soon released after paying his "dues".

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Here we go again, just one word of truth regarding the disrespectful behaviour when non-US expats die, and one is automaticly labaled as an anti-american by a narrowminded retard with an halfopen drooling mouth. I was expecting something like this, so thank you.

I bet you have an "I-travel-alone" card around your neck when on airports.

If i had so much against the people from the US, then i would shoot myself in the foot, i have an extended family over there. Now go and take your bloodpressure medicine.

actually, Rattus, the issue is that SOME Americans see themselves to be exceptional creatures, living in a stratosphere above other people, who are just mere mortals. generally speaking, the qualities they think they possess, which germinate these misconceptions, is never manifest for all others to see. it is better to think about the decent Americans who feel sympathy in these tragic affairs, than to complicate you life with an exchange of words with knuckle draggers.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
People have been using humor to "take the edge off " of tragic situations since the beginning of literature. (Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play) There will always be some who are offended by morbid, off color humor and some who appreciate it.Do you really think that when the troops were in Viet Nam singing ( "and Napalm sticks to kids') they actually meant harm or maybe they were coping, in their way.
So if I get impaled on a fence post being slung off the back of a speeding moto, feel free to announce " I think he gets the point"

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
People have been using humor to "take the edge off " of tragic situations since the beginning of literature. (Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play) There will always be some who are offended by morbid, off color humor and some who appreciate it.Do you really think that when the troops were in Viet Nam singing ( "and Napalm sticks to kids') they actually meant harm or maybe they were coping, in their way.
So if I get impaled on a fence post being slung off the back of a speeding moto, feel free to announce " I think he gets the point"

asserting that the life of a motoconcho is only worth 500 pesos is not humor. at least, not from where i view things.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Gorgon, it's your own fault that people you know got killed by Americans.
If you drove on the "RIGHT" side of the road in Jamaica it would never have happened!!

"Paul", as a Vietnam "VET", I CAN ATTEST TO THE FACT THAT, "Napalm" sticks to both "Children, AND Adults!!!!
The goal in War is NOT to"Die For Your Country", but to make the "Other Guy", Die For HIS!!!!!

It's called,"Gallows Humor", and I Love IT!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps., Gorgon, your "Pseudo Intellectualism" is showing!!!
AND, thanks for your description of me!
"SPOT ON"!!!!!!!
"Jerk THAT"!!!!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Great...... than make it an issue and wave your quick draw "I'm offended" flag

actually, pauleast, there is a little bromide in life that says "consider the source" so, when i hear certain remarks, i look at who uttered them then make the decision whether to be offended, or amused.