Lago Enriquillo Road

Scrabblebiker

Mar 1, 2014
Howdy,

Does anyone know if the roads going around Lago Enriquillo are still passable, given the rising water levels?

Thank You

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
I have just been right round the lake and they are building the road higher up. I then took the 47 from La Desubierta over the mountain to Hondo Valle. This road was not passable for me and I dropped the bike twice and had to walk out.

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Was there about a year ago amost, with a suv had no problems at all, and with a normal size car wouldnt expect any problems either.... beautiful area...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Circling the lake parimeter can be done. Some of the roads that were immediate lakeside have been covered by the rising waters. However, the government has elevated roadways and constructed new roads at higher elevations to bypass the flooded byways.

Regards,

PJT

Scrabblebiker

Mar 1, 2014
Thank you all for the replies. I'm glad since that's one of the key areas I'd like to visit. I guess I won't be taking 47 to Hondo Valle :) Maps can be very deceiving at times.

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
You can bypass Santo Domingo by going from Piedra Blanca to Ocoa etc. That road is pretty good. I did Constanza to Ocoa and a Dominican warned me that it was a bad road. It was just passable for me.

Scrabblebiker

Mar 1, 2014
You can bypass Santo Domingo by going from Piedra Blanca to Ocoa etc. That road is pretty good. I did Constanza to Ocoa and a Dominican warned me that it was a bad road. It was just passable for me.

Out of curiosity, what were you driving? I'll be on an offroad/dual sport bike.