Las Aromas Golf Course

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Has anyone played there recently, within the last seven days, and can give an update on course and green conditions please?

Are caddies compulsory now?

I played there a few years ago and they were not.

Thanks.

FB.

Last edited:

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
Played there about 2 weeks ago, greens were really good, course was dry. We had one caddy for 4 of us, but sure if compulsory.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
If you go Fred please let us know how it is since we haven't been in at least a year. Glad to hear the greens are still in pretty good shape. At Playa Dorada, btw, there have been some more issues with caddies trying to enforce a 'one caddy per cart' rule as kind of renegade trouble makers. They've been told to f*** off more than once, management of course looks the other way, as does the starter, so my take is: hold your ground. If they get that foot in the door it's hard to close that door again. Maybe if everyone tells them the same they'll leave us alone.

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
Paid 1500 pesos each, Fedogolf member and resident. I enjoyed playing there. Condition was much better than Playa Dorada.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
What's the big deal about paying a caddie.
There is no "big" deal necessarily about hiring a caddy.
However, as a Canuck I can certainly say that the concept of hiring a caddy is foreign to me. Not only that, hiring a caddy is not even possible at any course I play at.
The only time I played in the DR the caddy was a mandatory appendage.
I admit the guy was good, but not good enough to overcome my lack of ability. Therefore, I think mandatory caddies for the average golfer are a complete waste of money.
My 2 pesos...

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
What's the big deal about paying a caddie.
There is no "big" deal necessarily about hiring a caddy.
However, as a Canuck I can certainly say that the concept of hiring a caddy is foreign to me. Not only that, hiring a caddy is not even possible at any course I play at.
The only time I played in the DR the caddy was a mandatory appendage.
I admit the guy was good, but not good enough to overcome my lack of ability. Therefore, I think mandatory caddies for the average golfer are a complete waste of money.
My 2 pesos...

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
Las Aromas Golf

If you go Fred please let us know how it is since we haven't been in at least a year. Glad to hear the greens are still in pretty good shape. At Playa Dorada, btw, there have been some more issues with caddies trying to enforce a 'one caddy per cart' rule as kind of renegade trouble makers. They've been told to f*** off more than once, management of course looks the other way, as does the starter, so my take is: hold your ground. If they get that foot in the door it's hard to close that door again. Maybe if everyone tells them the same they'll leave us alone.

Just in from playing there today, 2000 pesos without fedogolf, including the cart. A caddie is NOT compulsory, one was offered, I declined, end of story, no pressure on to take one.

The course is in very good condition with a few new additions to make it more pleasing on the eye since I was there last about four years ago.

The greens were excellent, smooth and fast with the holes cut neatly with nice sharp edges.

Hole 12 was having the back tee worked on so the blue tee was on the back of the ladies tee.

Hole 16 was having some serious work done around the perifery of the green and this green hadn't been cut for a while by the look of it but was still playable.

All in all very good value and if it wasn't such a drag there I would play there all the time instead of PD.

FB

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
If anyone would like to play regularly at Las Aromas maybe we could start a car/fuel sharing group and enjoy the benefits of not being ripped off at PD?

FB.