Latin Affairs

Joe15

Mar 3, 2014
My friend just signed up to go meet girls from the company Latin Affairs for a Santiago weekend getaway in April. Has anyone ever heard of this company? Are the girls actually there to marry men they don't know? Anyone had experience with this company?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Just as the men are there looking to marry women they don't know. Had a friend who married 2 in a row thru a similar company, but in Colombia. Myself I prefer to do it myself. I don't buy a hotel room before I am there in person either.
Der Fish
Still, there's nothing wrong with having a reservation for at least one.

Joe15

Mar 3, 2014
Derfish, did it work out for him? I guessing the first one didn't. My friend is going there to meet them. He won't marry hopefully for a while. I told him it's too much money just to meet them.

May 29, 2006
It's WAY too much money. You can meet girls on Badoo for free from anywhere on the island and on many other sites for a very small fee. With that amount of lead time, he can set up a half dozen dates before he hits the island and screen out the ones who can barely text and he can find someone who speaks at least some English. I wouldn't have much hope for anyone without at least a working knowledge of Spanish for a long term relationship. Also, if he hasn't had any luck with dating in the US, he's not going to have more in the DR.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I was at one of those meet and greet parties about 10 years ago in Cail, Colombia maybe thru that company. It was very odd. About 60 babes and maybe 8 guys. Of the 60 about 3 supermodel types, the rest above average or average looking nice ladies. As i recall all the guys were mainly unattractive obese loser types. The whole damn party the 8 guys tended to congregate and compete over the 3 supermodels and remaining ladies sat around talking to themselves. Big waste of time. Like Peter above I prefer the internet dating sites where you can do your prescreening online. Unlike Peter you can be unsucessful in dating in the USA but VERY successful here.

RickJames2000

Feb 19, 2014
I've been on Badoo, I can not find anyone interested, well anyone who isn't decent looking. Going to island is easier in my opinion in that situation. Never heard of Latin Affairs but I'm guessing you have to be rich to do that. How else are you going to support her in the U.S. Doubt she would be willing to work

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I think most of the women that are with that company are going to treat you well for what they are getting from you.
I happened to marry a sociopath without a conscience though, so like any place there are bad people out there.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I think most of the women that are with that company are going to treat you well for what they are getting from you.
I happened to marry a sociopath without a conscience though, so like any place there are bad people out there.

You pretty much describe every "Ex" (husband or wife) since the concept of marriage was invented.

The only reason I'd ever feel the need to use any of the introduction sites in the D.R. or even take them seriously is if I felt I'd need someone to blame if things went sour. So far I'm okay with blaming myself.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You really do not need these sites here. If you can not meet someone above your usual expectancies here without help then you need alternative assistance on confidence, personality or both. No offense to anyone, but if I had these issues in a place like this, I?d address my insecurities before looking to others to make things right, fill gaps or it will just inevitably fall apart within a short time as you have changed nothing in yourself.

Apr 13, 2011
I am happily married. But how many people are using these subscription website to meet dates or potential wives??? Is this popular?
Actually - as I am writing this, I do know friends who have used subscription dating sites in the US and found relationships. It seems like $30/month could be used in other ways, but I guess if you are single, then some people would find searching the internet for options better than the same bar scene every night...
I guess times are changing... as internet intros and dating is becoming more common.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
If you live In the DR then you would have to be a shmuck to need a service like that, but if your some 55 year old guy living in
Iowa and you speak no spanish then that's a great service for someone.

I know the people who operate Latin Affairs and I know that they try their best to screen the chicas to try to weed out the
Scammers..Maybe it's not perfect but it sure helps out a inexperienced DR traveler.

And I personally know men that are happily married from meeting their wife on Latin Affairs and on similar sites that operate
The same way.And about the Event in April, tell your friend not to go if he doesn't want to meet
Maybe 500 chicas in 2 days.. I don't know anywheres that anyone can do that. Not even all
The Casanovas that dish out advise on DR1

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
:pIf you live In the DR then you would have to be a shmuck to need a service like that, but if your some 55 year old guy living in
Iowa and you speak no spanish then that's a great service for someone.

I know the people who operate Latin Affairs and I know that they try their best to screen the chicas to try to weed out the
Scammers..Maybe it's not perfect but it sure helps out a inexperienced DR traveler.

And I personally know men that are happily married from meeting their wife on Latin Affairs and on similar sites that operate
The same way.And about the Event in April, tell your friend not to go if he doesn't want to meet
Maybe 500 chicas in 2 days.. I don't know anywheres that anyone can do that. Not even all
The Casanovas that dish out advise on DR1

Joe15

Mar 3, 2014
500 is a lot. My thing is will they even be interested in him or will they leave him the first chance they get once in America. I seen the pictures from the website, there doesn't seem much of a variety. I'm guessing the lighter skin ones are not interested even though this city is mostly that from what I heard. Not preferring that but stating the obvious.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Hookups for hookers or looking for a wife? Very big difference. Any flip flop flower short wearing gringo can step off the plane and hookup with a pay for play friend before he leaves the airport.

It makes me laugh how all the Sosua weekend warriors really believe that all Dominican women are like their Western Union novias:laugh:

Last edited:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hookups for hookers or looking for a wife? Very big difference. Any flip flop flower short wearing gringo can step off the plane and hookup with a pay for play friend before he leaves the airport.

It makes me laugh how all the Sosua weekend warriors really believe that all Dominican women are like their Western Union novias:laugh:

It cracks me up how a Dominican with a quarter will shove their nose in the air when they encounter a Dominican with a nickel in a world where pocket change doesn't spend.

Flip flops and shorts are the uniform of the day for people who get paid every day while they're on their vacations. It's called relaxation and the vast majority of them are not looking for debutantes to marry and carry home with them. Most work hard for their money and make enough of it that they can take care of their responsibilities and have enough to get on a plane or two, travel to foreign countries and spend that money on whatever it is that helps them to unwind and just be happy before getting back on another plane or two and going back to their responsibilities......and you seem to be saying that's a bad thing.

As for the WU "novios"? The same kind of Guy (and Gyal) does that who would wear their mouseke-ears to work after coming off a Disney vacation. Some People are too stupid to have fun and they are among them.

$_1.JPG

May 5, 2007
greydread;1389384As for the WU "novios"? The same kind of Guy (and Gyal) does that who would wear their mouseke-ears to work after coming off a Disney vacation. Some People are too stupid to have fun and they are among them. [IMG said:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTcwWDUwMA==/z/3EsAAOxyzi9Sl~y6/$_1.JPG[/IMG]

Shiiiiit, you mean I was supposed to leave my mouse ears behind :-(

May 5, 2007
greydread;1389384As for the WU "novios"? The same kind of Guy (and Gyal) does that who would wear their mouseke-ears to work after coming off a Disney vacation. Some People are too stupid to have fun and they are among them. [IMG said:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTcwWDUwMA==/z/3EsAAOxyzi9Sl~y6/$_1.JPG[/IMG]

Shiiiiit, you mean I was supposed to leave my mouse ears behind :-(

May 5, 2007
At some point I engaged in an online conversation with the guy that owns Latin affairs, was less then impressed, especially when he tried to threaten me I can't think of his name, but it is very "German" sounding ......... Dieter maybe?