best beach retirement #4 sousa /cabarete

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
just read in us news and world report sousa /cabaret listed as #4 in top 5 beach retirement areas and the closest to north America . only other one was Coronado beach in panama at #5 rest all over in far east. good new for tourism .now if we can only get American airlines to cut the fares we may be in business.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Why? Compared to most of the rest of the Caribbean, the North Coast is relatively inexpensive. It's also reasonably safe, has lots of good beaches and many good markets. There's one solid clinic, and thanks to the improved highways, most of the North Coast is less than three hours from HOMS in Santiago and the SD hospitals as well as three international airports. The fact that you're only a 90 minute flight from American soil ain't bad either.

It's good good weather, decent food, and all the, ahem, "companionship" a person could want, all for the price of social security and a decent supplemental pension/annuity/savings fund.

Personally, I'm shooting for San Diego or perhaps Hawaii (I love being in America too darn much, curse me), but there are far worse places to pitch your tent than DR, especially if you've got a solid income stream.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Well written drob. All things considered the N. Coast does offer a lot of bang for the buck.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
What's he going to say?

"It's" "HORRIBLE," but I've "been here" for "decades?"

"I'm "sick" of all the "young hotties" running around "everywhere"?"

"I'd rather "be" in Boston, "especially this winter"?"

"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
What's he going to say?

"It's" "HORRIBLE," but I've "been here" for "decades?"

"I'm "sick" of all the "young hotties" running around "everywhere"?"

"I'd rather "be" in Boston, "especially this winter"?"

"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"C"

I get the feeling he doesn't mind the hotties. Sounds like the kind of problem he dives right into