Punta Cana to Puerto Plata

enigma8us

Mar 4, 2014
Hello,

I will be traveling to Dominican Republic in August and need to know what is the easiest and safest way to get from Punta Cana to Puerto Plata? Thank you.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Coach to the capital then coach to pop, I think, unless there is a new route direct, or an old one I don?t know of.
I always find driving the easiest, safest and quickest, not to mention least stressful, but a pick and drop off at a different location hire will be expensive.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Fly if you can. Google Dominican Shuttles.
Otherwise Express bus to SD and then taxi to Caribe Tours or Metro bus to PP. A long day, very long.

enigma8us

Mar 4, 2014
I was thinking driving might be the best but my mom says she doesn't feel safe, unfortunately.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I was thinking driving might be the best but my mom says she doesn't feel safe, unfortunately.

With the new roads you have absolutely no issues at all. She will feel alot happier in a car than on a freezing cold coach full of Dominicans on Cel phones and screaming over your heads the entire journey.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You will not regret driving there. Beautiful new Highway, very scenic. And you will save a lot of time and grief.

SQUBIDO

Sep 15, 2012
You will not regret driving there. Beautiful new Highway, very scenic. And you will save a lot of time and grief.
the are a companic call transekur they tranfer you in tahao or suburban they have internet in the car and the driver speke inglish hes name is robert they have a web side

enigma8us

Mar 4, 2014
Dominican shuttles gave me a decent quote ($379) and waiting to hear how much a car rental would cost me; especially since I will need the car in Puerto Plata. Thank you all for your help!