Corn Beef Hash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Can anyone tell me where in DR can I buy Mary Kay Corn beef hash in the can? I am shipping it from U.S. now.
I live in pop but willing to go as far as Santiago. I went to Sosua and Playero had Armor cbh but no more. I also like Dinty More beef stew,but I can cook that. Maybe the La sarenas in bigger cities may have it. Im gonna try to get La sarena in pop to start selling it. They have request forms one can fill out. Wish me luck, I like my canned goods, all fresh food just don't do it for me all the time, I need my preservatives and nitrates. :)

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I'm confused. I am from the US, but have never heard of Mary Kay corned beef hash. Do you mean Mary Kitchen, by Hormel?

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
wow. i forgot about corned beef hash. Makes me homesick... (a little)

Aug 6, 2006
There are recipes for corned beef hash online. All the ingredients are available, and odds are you can make far better corned beef hash than anything found in a can.

Aug 6, 2006
Corned beef in Spanish is called "carne en conserva". It is exported by Brazilians, Paraguayans and Argentines everywhere in squarish cans, usually with a key stuck to the top. I have seen it in Jacobo's in Barahona, I am sure, so I bet it is available somewhere that you shop. Uncanned, there is the brand called FUD, which I suspect has more to do with the English word food than with Elmer. There are recipes for how to make corned beef online.

May 29, 2006
I would have thought it was already available. I used to have it with eggs, A1 sauce and toast back when I didn't worry about salt. Look for it near the SPAM and other canned meats. I'm investing in Hormel. Return of over 15% for the last five years and canned meats are a growth market world-wide. Dammit, now I want some Corned Beef Hash, and some more Hormel stock.

Hormel Foods Corporation Common Stock Chart | HRL Interactive Chart - Yahoo! Finance

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Home made corned beef is absolutly the best, here make it with morton curing salt and pickle spices with brisket or here its called
flap meat. You can do 5 - 7 pounds in a 1 gallon zip lock bag or a bowl, but the zip lock bag works the best, easier to deal with.

g'luck

mainegal

May 22, 2012
That crap in the can is horrible, if you can find the so called "flap meat" you're far better off making your own...yumm with eggs and hollandaise sauce, my favorite Sunday brunch item!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Just guessing here but I doubt anyone who loves Dinty Moore stew and canned corned beef will ever be interested in making their own. Maybe find a Dominican who knows how to cook to make it for you the way you like. On second thought it may be difficult to duplicate that delicate canned meat flavor.

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
I due sale them here in pop call me 809-353-8153 250 DR a can

Hope it's a large can. That's nearly $6 US.

By the way, I admire your patience, waiting nearly two years since your last post for this commercial opportunity. Which raises the question: what's the expiration date on the can?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Canned Corned beef is available at Super mercado national, all the time! Brazilian
Most Polaks enjoy "Kielbasa In The CAN"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Here's ticket. Homemade corned beef:

Homemade Corned Beef | Simply Recipes

I can vouch for this particular recipe, I have made it, used juniper berries instead or of the allspice, which I have never seen whole.

but do it in a one gallon zip lock....5 days is good, 7 or 8 better.

I like it salty so when I boil it, I do not change the water out....

Corned beef hash, great or even better corned beef torta, spanish style!

bien provecho!

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Lindo supermarket in Las Terrenas sells tinned corned beef, I made some hash with it last week.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
if you buy the roast beef or the or the pastrami ? made by produtos chef jt's close enough that you can make your own , cut it up into small pieces cut up some pre cooked potatos some spices and you will be surprised .

Status
Not open for further replies.