circunvalacion is a beautiful road......

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
Hahah a jewel indeed...I don't know we're the chatarra place is at I would google map it if I was you and see we're it meets the Joaquin balaguer...FYI it's a dirt road still on goolgle maps

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I went to Santiago airport on Tuesday and saw the entrance/egress on the road between Navarette and Santiago and again as I left the city towards the airport. Is it therefore now possible to use this new road as a quicker route to the airport and miss the all the traffic in the city?

I have to return to the airport in two weeks time.

Thanks.

FB.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I travelled on it a couple of days ago. Can't see how you can miss the entrance at either end! It's a great road and you miss the city completely.

Matilda

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Impressive....counted only four people driving the wrong way against traffic.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I travelled on it a couple of days ago. Can't see how you can miss the entrance at either end! It's a great road and you miss the city completely.

Matilda

So it is possible to use it to get to the airport from the Naverette side of Santiago ?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
So it is possible to use it to get to the airport from the Naverette side of Santiago ?

Yes. You would save a ton of time too, at least during the day. Once you get to the main Santiago - SD highway, it's only a few more miles till the STI airport turnoff.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
It looks great. Too bad these Dominicans haven't grasped the concept of driving lane and passing lane.

Jan 9, 2004
It looks great. Too bad these Dominicans haven't grasped the concept of driving lane and passing lane.

.....or the guy walking along the cement center median barrier at about the 15 second mark of the video.

For now, I am just happy to be able to avoid all the traffic in the central city.

One thing at a time.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
.....or the guy walking along the cement center median barrier at about the 15 second mark of the video.

For now, I am just happy to be able to avoid all the traffic in the central city.

One thing at a time.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

That's true hahaha I started laughing when I saw that,he doesn't even walk on the right side were he could escape an accident to jump out of the way....only in D.R gotta love my country

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If one is going from the airport to cerro alto is it better to take the bypass, if so what exit? Toll is no object.

I am waiting for frank12 to show us how to do that 18 minute drive in 3 minutes (video) on a moto.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Sign up for Paso R?pido and there's no need to use cash at the toll on this highway and on every other toll highway in the country (not sure if this applies to the SD-Saman? tolls).

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
If one is going from the airport to cerro alto is it better to take the bypass, if so what exit? Toll is no object.

I think you would take the avenida Luperon exit, and you wouldn't have to pay the toll from the airport side. Not sure if there's any advantage though since you'd have to go down all the way to Estrella Sadhalla, and thus about the same distance of city driving as for the old route.