Anyone cheaper than Pick n Send?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I've been using picknsend for a while now, mainly for small things that are less than a pound. Then today I got a package that weighed 5 pounds; the cost to pick it up was RD$755.57:
($140.4* 5lbs) + $28.08 (DGA tax) + 25.49 (seguro b?sico) = $755.57

Who else would you recommend?

Thanks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That is about "the going rate" for items shipped by air to the DR from Miami. Not sure anyone does better. Encargopaq at least delivers to your house for that price.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's actually pretty cheap, compared to Jetpack. I tried Encargopaq, but I did not have a good experience with them, mainly because: 1.They wanted to charge me for deliveries because of my location in Haina, 2. They would only deliver once a week. 3. They had problems with items in transit, but would consistently deny it when I called to complain.

I was one of their first customers, so maybe it was growing pains.

No such problems here in Cabarete for any of the shippers mentioned. Just like the convenience of delivery for the same price that is provided by Encargopaq.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
No such problems here in Cabarete for any of the shippers mentioned. Just like the convenience of delivery for the same price that is provided by Encargopaq.

No problems here in Santo Domingo. I told them I needed my package my 1pm and it was delivered before 1pm. Had multiples deliveries in one week.

If you need a package on a Monday, make sure its in Miami by Wednesday the prior week. The shipment that "leaves" on Fri. really does't leave til Sunday night.

Feb 7, 2007
PickNSend charges you ITBIS on the per-pound-cost, so you are actually saving 18% as opposed to other carriers that do (some do, some don't). A RD$150-and change per-pound cost is actually as low as it gets... have you see the recent costs of JetFuel? When I started with PickNSend they had a rate of RD$111 per pound ... now it's higher (my negotiated rate is about 132 pesos). If you get a lot of packages and your local office is a franchise, try to negotiate the rate (corporate will probably not negotiate unless you really have a large, LARGE volume).. All other companies here are 160-180 per pound, so my PickNsend rate is actually pretty good. Some, like EPS, charge over RD$200 per pound (and still get business).

Feb 7, 2007
Was the envelope a regular mail, or express/tracked envelope?

I pay for express envelopes (with tracking) as packets, while regular mail is just that - regular mail - and both PickNSend and BMCargo charges me 25 pesos per envelope (regular mail). And I consider even that high!*

* Based on 80-90% junk mail ratio

May 29, 2006
Can you ship to GPS coordinates? Addresses can be hit or miss in the DR.

Seems like a pretty fair rate to me. Shipping isn't cheap. I usually pay about $4 for shipping on the shirts I get off of Ebay and they're less than a pound.

intedserve

Mar 24, 2014
Good deal

If that is your all in price then you are paying US$3.50/ lb. I used CPS and Aeropaq and their all in prices are around $5/ lb.

Looks like you have the best deal around.

Feb 7, 2007
If that is your all in price then you are paying US$3.50/ lb. I used CPS and Aeropaq and their all in prices are around $5/ lb.

Looks like you have the best deal around.

There is (as OP mentioned) an insurance and DGA processing fee, per package. So on one pound it adds up about 40 pesos, but with more pounds it gets spread out.