from bayahibe to las garelas

gklept

Feb 10, 2014
hello.i am leaving from bayahibe and going in samana.which is the shortest way to reach samana?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Drive west towards Santo Domingo and pick up the Samana highway just after the airport. Hang to the right and watch for the Caribe Tours Buses. Yes, you can miss it. Try Google maps or asking on the road. You have to get to sorta shoulder road. Sorry, I do not come at it from that direction. But once you hit the highway, it is just a beautiful drive up to Samana. I think the tolls are around 450 pesos.

gklept

Feb 10, 2014
i am travelling with public.is there any ferrie from sabana de la mar to samana?if so can i go public from bayahibe to el seibo and after i saba a de la mar?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Coming from the east coast and the Punta Cana and Bavaro resort areas necessitates a private taxi ride of about 3 1/2 hours to the ferry at Sabana de la Mar on the south side of Samana Bay and across from the peninsula. Departure times for the ferry?s crossing to Samana are 8am, 11am, 3pm and 5pm. Then a boat ride of a little over an hour will see your arrival in Samana harbor with further travel time by taxi of ? hour to Las Galeras or a little under an hour to Las Terrenas. The ferry departs Samana for the southerly crossing to Sabana de la Mar at 7am, 9am, 11am and 3pm.

SamanaOnline.com - Transportation - Page 2