New Plate & Vest for Motorcyles, 2nd Plate for Cars

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

As of 15 March the tax department (la Direcci?n General de Impuestos Internos, DGII) wants to start nationwide with the handing out of license plates and vests to motoconchos (motorcycle taxis). The entire plan will, according to the tax authorities, cost a total of 1300 million pesos. Motorcyclists need only pay 100 pesos for a license plate and vest. In the subsequent period the motorcyclists will also have to pass a driving test. Private motorcyclists will have to purchase a new license plate and vest at a later date. The license plates for individuals will have a different color and therefore will stand out from the license plate of a motoconcho.

Moreover, all the cars will need in the near future a second license plate for the front end of the car. These measures are in accordance with the tax authorities and traffic police to improve traffic safety.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
More dumb ideas. These will go away and be forgotten after they are ignored for a time. A second license plate? What about all the vehicles that don't even have one? We needed to find the fool that thinks up this crap and get them out of office.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
interesting, how does a front plate ensure safety?

you can note the number of the car that is just about to plaster you? who knows. but there must be a reason behind it. in poland (and i guess most of europe) the plates are in the front and back. i always thought it was very weird to have them only in the back.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Wait I know. Iwillbe driven by a drunk motoconcho wearing an orange vest and having a license plate on his moto

Aug 6, 2006
I heard yesterday that Cesar?n, my usual motoconcho, hit a large dog and is now recuperating. His Lancin 125 was also damaged. No word about the dog. I think that the motoconchos are excellent drivers, since they all seem to ignore traffic signals and seem to artfully dodge one another based on slight finger signals and facial expressions. The worst place is the Arco that gives a Bienvenido to those who are arriving and a Feliz Viaje to those headed off to Vicente Noble, Azua and beyond.

14,000 kilometers and he has only had one debilitating accident. Capable of hauling 50 lbs of rice or a tanque of cooking gas and a small boy to hold onto it. I wish him a speedy recovery.

The orange vest seems like a good idea. If I see one in a yard sale here in Miami, I will take it along. But I donlt think it will provide much protection against large creatures of the canine persuasion.