land take over outside of costanmbar

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
on the entrance rd . by javilla a bunch of people (dominicans) just went in and cut all the trees down and they marked their little lots with blue tape , I hear the property is owned by somebody named Ginebra , it will be interesting to see how this plays out. It's a fairly good size chunk of land .

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
I always thought that "Ginebra" not sure if spelled correctly was some sort of group / organization or politial thing.....

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
from what my friend tells me he used to own the property where javilla is and they just moved in and took that land as well ,maybe he died or just doesn't care.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
very temporary state of affairs. Costambar is in the throes of a major rejuvenation, and no squatter colony is going to stand in the way.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Whoever the own is or heir(s) need to come forward and claim their property or can expect
lots of court dates to try and get these people out of there. In the DR you just can't throw
anyone out once they're on your property and of course you can expect to lose money
trying to get them out. They will claim to be broke and don't have the means to move
elsewhere.

When someone purchases property in the DR it's wise to leave someone that can attend it
by either living on the property or coming by periodically for the reason of the OP.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Whoever the own is or heir(s) need to come forward and claim their property or can expect
lots of court dates to try and get these people out of there. In the DR you just can't throw
anyone out once they're on your property and of course you can expect to lose money
trying to get them out. They will claim to be broke and don't have the means to move
elsewhere.

When someone purchases property in the DR it's wise to leave someone that can attend it
by either living on the property or coming by periodically for the reason of the OP.

at the very least, build a fence around it, to create the impression that it has an owner.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there was a barbed wire fence around that property. it has no real value, in a way, this area was a former lagoon, i am not sure it's a good place for construction.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
very temporary state of affairs. Costambar is in the throes of a major rejuvenation, and no squatter colony is going to stand in the way.

Whatttttt! A squatter colony isn't good rejuvenation at all. I wouldn't invest there. I understand where these people are squatting isn't in costambar. So whats being done to improve the area? Hows the golf coarse? I hope costambar does a turn around.

drescape24

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
If you go there right now you might get a bullit up your arse ,the military are there as we speak .

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i asked around, the place being built by the river, right after the turn towards costambar is going to be a tapicero. the man has few shops in other locations and decided to open one here as well, apparently...

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
i asked around, the place being built by the river, right after the turn towards costambar is going to be a tapicero. the man has few shops in other locations and decided to open one here as well, apparently...

WHAT!?!?!?!? The area in question is in excess of two acres. The idea of someone building an upholstery shop there (in a swamp) beggars belief. Where do these rumors come from? You 'asked around'?
The facts are: People from Javier attempted to claim land that was not theirs. The area was partially cleared and divided into plots roughly the size of a one car garage. The police came in, tore down the stick and wire demarcations, burned the frames of the few structures that had been erected and established a permanent station on the road that had been cut through the property. Subsequently, a five course barbed wire fence now encloses the two sections of the property.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
WHAT!?!?!?!? The area in question is in excess of two acres. The idea of someone building an upholstery shop there (in a swamp) beggars belief. Where do these rumors come from? You 'asked around'?

DID YOU READ WHAT I POSTED? i talked about the BUILDING being raised right after the turn from the highway, on the right, next to the river. NOT ABOUT THE INVADED LAND. capiche?

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
The owner of the property got his land cleared for nothing .now It's actually worth something .

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
DID YOU READ WHAT I POSTED? i talked about the BUILDING being raised right after the turn from the highway, on the right, next to the river. NOT ABOUT THE INVADED LAND. capiche?

Silly me. here I was, trying to clarify what I viewed as a completely incorrect description of the property at the heart of this thread (i.e., the land grab), not realizing that you had hijacked the thread in order to discuss a rumor about the possible new store location of a chain of upholstery shops.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh, yes, wrong thread indeed, it was supposed to go under another piece about costambar.