Fine black paso fino stallion looking for a good home

Pauline Wren

Jun 22, 2004
Would anyone like a fine black paso fino stallion? [Free, but you must show you have the resources to take care of it!] This is one of Franklin Brown's horses that has constantly broken in to our fields to fight with our horses and that someone had deliberately put in with a friend's mares. He says categorically that he doesn't want it and that we should kill it! Obviously, we don't want to do that, but we don't have the resources to take on another horse, particularly a stallion, though if anyone would like to sponsor him, including his castration, that is another possibility until we can train him and find a suitable foster home.

Others of Frankin's horses were collected and taken and sold for 5000 pesos, but this one is looking for a good home. We can advise on care and training if that is required, but we do urgently need to find a solution for this horse.

Please PM me, a.s.a.p.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i thought you were advertising my friend's ex husband. also cheating with other mares.

anyways, your location?

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
He is a white Dominican whose horses are frequently all over the road on the Cabarete side of Sosua.

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
I had a beautiful photo from the security camera but somehow it got lost when I was trying to upload it and I can no longer open it!

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
I don't know. Not old, I don't think. He is very beautiful but needs the right handling.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would appreciate a rough estimate of age. my in laws have a farm and could take him on but only if he is fairly young and can work. not plough the earth, btw, just as a ride for vakeros.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, this is why i am checking the details, i would not want a family to get into trouble over a horse...

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
I think we have found a solution for him. I have several people in line who are interested, and we are sorting out the legalities, so if they don't want him, we will talk further. Pasos finos are not really suitable for hard work, that is for sure. These are very finely bred horses actually worth a lot of money. Criollos are much more suitable if stamina is required.
At times we are looking to re-home horses, so I will bear you in mind when something comes up. We always aim to find the best suitable home for them.