GAY-friendly colmados in Santiago and the north.. do they exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
where do gay people go out in Santiago.. or anywhere in the country outside of the capital.....? I cant believe there are no gay-friendly places ... I m not thinking those disco joints with loud pumping music.... a place with just a few coldies and some nice bachata would be cool enough for me....just wondering...

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
where do gay people go out in Santiago.. or anywhere in the country outside of the capital.....? I cant believe there are no gay-friendly places ... I m not thinking those disco joints with loud pumping music.... a place with just a few coldies and some nice bachata would be cool enough for me....just wondering...

Look for those signs, hay supermercado, hay hospitien, hay gas, and the one you are looking for is "hay hombres con chiki chiki".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In a more serious vein, I am not sure there are any. There are gay drinking spots, and generally speaking there does not seem to be a lot of "macho" animosity against gays (with some marked exceptions to a couple of really stereotypical "swishy" types that frequent some areas and seem to attract a lot of homophoebic comments) at any of the drinking spots at colmados near my place of residence (Los Jardines)....

I guess I could find out, but this seems to be a bit on the fringe. The gay community would be your best bet.

Cordially,

HB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think none specifically and all generally. we sometimes go out with a miesposo's gay worker who says he goes out all the time and never had any problems. so like HB says, no animosity.

Apr 13, 2011
At a few local colmados or billar that I have been too - I have never noticed any that are specific about sexual orientation. Some people did point out that a person was gay, but there did not seem to be any negativity/animosity from anyone - though the gay person was a local Dominicano, if that makes a difference - I do not know if it did or not.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"FISH",THAT's why they call it the "Main DRAG"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If anyone asks if you're "Gay", just tell them,..."No, soy Bugeron"!!!!!!!!
They'll probably buy you a "Presidente", AND pay for the "Cabana"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
GAY-friendly colmados in Santiago and the north.. do they exist?
Of course they do exist.... for example, this is the famous Blue Oyster Colmado in Santiago:

33x7.jpg

Aug 21, 2007

Amstellite- You are back on dr1 again! You always add interesting discussions! Glad you are here.

Lindsey

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You wont have a problem in Santiago, anywhere that I know of. Or should I say you will have the same problems as a hetero.

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Not familiar with Hot Colmados...the center city of Santiago seems to be the place with the most fun clubs and bars...calle del sol, near monumento...nothing specifically gay...though while having dinner with my other half there were definitely F O D out on the town.

I find Santiago friendly, progressive, fun and an easy town to visit and do business in... It seems -as others have said to be very open and tolerant - with due caution, as always.

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Reminds me of a tourist in Santo Domingo, he was looking for the Malecon. He stopped at a colmado and wanted to ask in
his best Spanish possible.

but what came out was..

"Donde esta el Maricon??"

Status
Not open for further replies.