im thinking of buying a villa in the sosua area and im looking for tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denvershort

Mar 13, 2014
any advice anyone can give me on the pros and cons of purchasing a villa in the cabarete sosua area?
thinking of doing the snowbird thing from canada. rent or buy? what should i look out for? any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. i am flying down to look at properties march 17th.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If you're not going to live here full time at first, the Property Management side of it is extremely important. Also the Occupancy rate for the rentals. If a property is not well run, and the house sits empty, not good for you. You're much better off buying in a well run, experienced and established community.

Denver it is much different living here than just vacationing for a few weeks so I think renting for 6 months is really something you should do. If you don't like the area or living here houses do not sell quickly!
As ctrob said good property management is a must, with good security since you won't be there half of the year.

DR is not for everyone, it can be a very frustrating place to live but some do love it here.
Good luck!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
any advice anyone can give me on the pros and cons of purchasing a villa in the cabarete sosua area?
thinking of doing the snowbird thing from canada. rent or buy? what should i look out for? any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. i am flying down to look at properties march 17th.
Sorry but it sounds like scam to me. Mi Esposa is Belfast Irish and she says it smells like bull****!

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
I have been coming to the Dr for 18 years and always thought I wanted to live in sosua until I rented my first long term apartment in sosua....the night life here (hookers and such) get to you after a while...I am thinking of moving out further out of town to be away from it...please rent for a while and get to know which areas you like first.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Renting is affordable on the North Coast, so I am not sure it is worth buying if you are only going to be here 4-5 months/year.
I would save myself the headache personally.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Rob, he is saying, and I am Thinking, that this post is the beginning of a "Spam Sandwich" from the "OP"!
Time will Tell!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Good advice "Afri"!
No more, "Not Tonight Dear, I Have a Headache" from YOU!!!!!!!!!!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
It's not spam, it's a real person asking a legitimate question.

Maybe sosuamatt had too many Irish Coffees this morning.

jakey28

Mar 13, 2014
Rent for a season or two
get a good flavor for life in the
DR
It's easy to buy difficult to sell
if you don't like it

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
We had been coming to the DR for over 11 years prior to our permanent move here two years ago.....rent, rent, rent first! We had done our due dillegence with longer stays, visiting different areas but until you live here, walk the walk, you will never know if it is for sure for you! If you buy you are either out the money, become landlords or just plain miserable. We have enough of those around so rent and be happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.