New School in La Granja

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
They've built a new school in La Granja and to be fair they built it in record time.
They've tarmacked the principle road through La Granja and all the side roads( for 25 yards only), we've got a yellow line right up the middle, white lines at the sides and twin white lines at each road junction, two pedestrian crossings, two sleeping policemen/road humps. The side turning into the school is also tarmacked with all the painted lines and new turf is being laid at the entrance to the school. They've put metal railings on each side of the bridge over the river, mind you the manhole covers are still deeply recessed and give us our potholes and all because The President is coming tomorrow to officially open the school !!! They tell me it is Danilo Medina's first visit to Las Terrenas, it's a pity he doesn't tour the whole town.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Potemkin Deception

They've built a new school in La Granja and to be fair they built it in record time.
They've tarmacked the principle road through La Granja and all the side roads( for 25 yards only), we've got a yellow line right up the middle, white lines at the sides and twin white lines at each road junction, two pedestrian crossings, two sleeping policemen/road humps. The side turning into the school is also tarmacked with all the painted lines and new turf is being laid at the entrance to the school. They've put metal railings on each side of the bridge over the river, mind you the manhole covers are still deeply recessed and give us our potholes and all because The President is coming tomorrow to officially open the school !!! They tell me it is Danilo Medina's first visit to Las Terrenas, it's a pity he doesn't tour the whole town.

This Potemkin (Village) trick is done wherever Danilo (or any president) goes.
But I guess, he does know the truth...

donP