Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default looking for decent hotel./motel Puerto plata , but away from the resorts

    will be back up north in a few weeks and have never stayed in POP...or even Sosua or Cabrete....
    but fancy a few nights near the beach this time...... not interested in the resorts and all -you -can eat, drink. do, spots, but instead just a simple, clean motel, hotel, preferabley away from tourists and more with a Dominican feel... not looking to spend tons of cash ,but a near a few decent colmados and a restaurant or two would be nice.... just a place to chill and maybe sit on some sand and not be harassed so much ,,.. any ideas?

  2. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    32,736
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amstellite View Post
    will be back up north in a few weeks and have never stayed in POP...or even Sosua or Cabrete....
    but fancy a few nights near the beach this time...... not interested in the resorts and all -you -can eat, drink. do, spots, but instead just a simple, clean motel, hotel, preferabley away from tourists and more with a Dominican feel... not looking to spend tons of cash ,but a near a few decent colmados and a restaurant or two would be nice.... just a place to chill and maybe sit on some sand and not be harassed so much ,,.. any ideas?
    sounds like you need to be at Portofino...

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    There is Castillo de Ambar. Turn off at Coca Cola and go to the end and turn right to the end again. 1000 pesos a night I've been told. Mostly Dominicans stay there. Nice pool.
    that sounds the perfect place...when I m in POP, do you have any more details , does it have a website phone number ?

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have stayed at Villa Taina in cabarete several times. Right in the middle of town and on the beach. If you are considering a stay in cabarete, I would recommend it. Here's the link

    Hotel Dominican Republic Cabarete, Villa Taina Hotel - Dominikanische Republik

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    how about hotel victoriano? city center, short walk from the cathedral:
    Hotel Victoriano, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

  6. Likes pelaut, amstellite liked this post
  7. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ditto Victoriano. Center of town, easy walk to park, malecón. Mostly Doms there, telco uses it to house attendees at their conferences. Used to be dead cheap while clean, etc.

  8. Likes jinty05 liked this post
  9. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaGuyinDr View Post
    I have stayed at Villa Taina in cabarete several times. Right in the middle of town and on the beach. If you are considering a stay in cabarete, I would recommend it. Here's the link

    Hotel Dominican Republic Cabarete, Villa Taina Hotel - Dominikanische Republik
    From everything I hear, that is a great hotel. But it is touristy, expensive and not a Dominican feel.

  10. Likes amstellite liked this post
  11. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    how about hotel victoriano? city center, short walk from the cathedral:
    Hotel Victoriano, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
    The price on that link can't be right, can it? 600 pesos/night for a room with a/c?!?

  12. #9
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You might like this eco lodge in the mountains 20 minutes from Puerto Plata City: Dominican Republic Vacations in Nature Tubagua Eco Lodge : Tubagua Plantation Eco Village near Puerto Plata

  13. Likes jinty05, pelaut liked this post
  14. #10
    Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You might also enjoy Villa Carolina, find it on Trip Advisor

  15. Likes jinty05, amstellite, PaGuyinDr liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •