Pizzarelli in Punta Cana Village... Terrible

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I would tell anyone NOT to go to this place. Terrible terrible pizza. A rip off in $$$$ and pesos. It is there for
tourists only who really do not know. This stuff is not pizza. They also include tips for themselves in their price when nothing is done except to hand over the awful tasting pizza. I have been meaning to write this for a very
long time and feel bad for all who have bought from this place.
Really a great great tasting pizza is Venezia though it is about 15 minute drive from Punta Cana Village where
Pizarelli is. Venezia is one of the best I have ever tasted anywhere. Thin crust, delicious sauce and all fresh.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
We love our Pizzarelli in the Bravo shopping center in Santiago. Delicious.

SHALENA

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
What tip do they include in the bill? The 10% 'ley'?

I don't like Pizzarelli for how greasy their pizzas are, but Dominicans seem to prefer them over Pizza Hut and Domino's etc., just like they preferred pollos Victorina over KFC.

In SD I prefer the pizzas of La locanda or else Pizza Hut.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
pizzarelli is not pizza. just like dominoes, pizza hut, pricesmart or san jorge in POP. this is s**t. greasy, cheap cheese, sauce based on pasta de tomate. who the hell eats that crap? i cannot get my head around the fact that some americans like it. what the hell? you guys have, i am 100% sure, the best pizza places in the world, with authentic, home made sauces, high quality produce and fresh seasoning. mind. boggled.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We rarely go there or order their soggy pizza, made with cheap'n'nasty ingredients. Even Pizza Hut is better - at least the dough is firm and crispy. But as the OP says, Venezia (near Palma Real) is where best pizza in the area is to be had.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
This place makes a mockery of Italian cuisine. Absolutely disgusting food. Try casa de mauricio for genuine italian cuisine.

We love our Pizzarelli in the Bravo shopping center in Santiago. Delicious.

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I'm sorry....didn't know that you had to have a distinguished palate for PIZZA.
Like I said, we like it!

SHALENA

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
So,...........................
Who makes the BEST pizza in Santiago..........
AND delivers...............

B in Santiago

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
So,...........................
Who makes the BEST pizza in Santiago..........
AND delivers...............

B in Santiago

Monchi's using puntodelivery.com :)

I really like Pizzarelli actually, it's the least greasy of all the pizzas I've tried like Papa Johns, Monchi's, Fratelli's etc.
Regarding the pasta de tomate comment, Pizzarelli actually makes their tomato sauce fresh daily from actual tomatoes so not sure where that person got their info lol.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The sauce on Dominican pizza tastes like Catchup to me, very sweet.
And they cheese is like rubber and tastes like plastic, I think they all use "Fumunda Cheese"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

May 29, 2006
Greasy pizza comes from using cheap cheese. It doesn't melt properly, the grease separates, and the cheese will taste like plastic.

As for sauce, it's not complicated. Take a can of whole plum tomatoes(with basil) and use an immersion blender to puree it in the can. Add in some garlic an a bit of oregano and you're good to go. No sugar at all. If you want a sweeter sauce, add in some tomato paste.

Know a guy who was in Cabrera who will be opening a pizza place in Santiago soon. Wood fired refractory stone deck oven. He takes his product pretty seriously. Those dome ovens can cook a pizza in about half the time of a steel deck oven.

The address will be Calle Benito Juarez #60, Villa Olga. I couldn't find the new name. The one in Cabrera was Chico's.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I love the pizza here in Dominicus from La Cueva.

My favourite pizza is called La Cueva, ( same as the restaurant) comes with delicious sauce, brie and shrimp and is cooked in a wood burning oven . Can't seem to upload pictures today.:(

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Exactly! Tourists go there, I think because that is all they are really aware of. It is at the Village and so tourists from around PC and probably Cap Cana think that is the only pizza around ... It is convenient. I am pretty sure once anyone tastes that stuff
Pizarelli calls pizza tourists would get angry and just see it as another Dominican ripoff and lousy cooking. I think that Pizarelli are only ones who could pay the high rent being charged in Punta Cana Village ... So they feel they can get away with serving
the worst cheaply made stuff. I see Pizarellis all over DR so they must have the money to afford PC Village. Eventually their
greed will catch up.

Pedestrian deaths from vehicle strikes are quickly rising in New York City - NY Daily News

realize what a ripoff it is and

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Pizza here is too greasy for me. I have had some decent homemade ones though. I still have nightmares from a night of drinking a bit of wine ( ok a bit more than a bit) and for some crazy reason eating a piece of pizza with corn and ham on it. Don't get me wrong I am sure that there are people out there who may like that but it was just something I do not care to repeat. My favorite pizza is veggie. Just hard to find a decent one.

Pizza here is too greasy for me. I have had some decent homemade ones though. I still have nightmares from a night of drinking a bit of wine ( ok a bit more than a bit) and for some crazy reason eating a piece of pizza with corn and ham on it. Don't get me wrong I am sure that there are people out there who may like that but it was just something I do not care to repeat. My favorite pizza is veggie. Just hard to find a decent one.

I forgot about the home made pizzas we have had a home here, they are way better than any I have eaten out!
The corn thing threw me for a loop too since I usually have veg, I love corn but not on Pizza that is just weird!