El Cortecito beach public access Vista Sol

dolcevita

Sep 24, 2008
I am thinking of buying a condo in the El Cortecito area next to the Vista Sol Hotel (formerly Carabela) and I have concern over beach access. Very near here is a small public beach without vendors or amenities.

A few meters from this beach, it looks like they have started some road construction from the gate toward the beach. What I am wondering is whether this is a REAL public beach (there is no sign indicating so) or if it is an overlooked access to the beach and people have been only treating this area as "public". This area is walled and all that is missing to cut this access off from the condo residential area is a gate. I fear that is what is coming next.

Does anyone in DR1 know the story about this access point?

Thanx

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
All beaches in the DR are public. You might have to find a way to access it , but no one can tell you to leave.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
All beaches in the DR are public. You might have to find a way to access it , but no one can tell you to leave.

Except the guachiman guarding whatever part the hotel or rich person's beachfront house decides that they don't want the common folk to walk by. Yes in theory they all are, in practice this is not always the case.