Samana

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
So I was originally going to spend a week in Samana, but I was bored as hell. Rincon has nothing but the beach, and in my opinion is not that great. Las Terrenas is a great little beachtown that has all the flavors you want in RD. Great Food, Calm tourist town, decent locals, and a nice little night life. I will be going back. Enjoy!

NEXT STOP..... SANTIAGO!!!!

[video=youtube_share;U7bYol3Xprs]http://youtu.be/U7bYol3Xprs[/video]

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
thanks for sharing! those whales look really close. or did you zoom in w/your camera.

LOL!! isn't Las Terrenas the place you said i'd be bored?? guess i should keep it on the excursion agenda for my sis and i. how much was the boat ride? aC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks for the video, silkesmo. reminds me how on our whale watching trip i was the only one to see a whale pass underneath our boat. that's because i was the only one bent in half, puking my guts out. i wish other people would get sick as well just so they know how rotten that feels.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
chumming, eh? i think it was a funeral at sea. i ate canned tuna for breakfast that day. it was returned to where it came from... quite touching, when you think of it.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Been there, done that, washed the T shirt. When I did the whale excursion I went on a bigger boat with a upstairs outdoor level
Being able to be outside and in a bigger boat saved me. Anyone doing this activity who is prone to sea sickness should not take this tour or find a big boat. If you are in a small skiff you have an iron stomach. I was on the Kim Beddall whale watching excursion. LTSteve

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
More than that, Kim is an experienced guide. These small boats tend to create problems for the whales. I'm sure the experience is exhilarating, but, for the sake of the whales, go with Kim.